TK Armour Transport (pimped out carrying case and storage)

On 6/4/2014 at 2:39 PM, millenium1 said:

That looks Fantastic!  :duim:

I have a case that i have started, TK and TD numbers will be added when my WIP projects are completed.

My case will ok for domestic travel, yours looks perfect for international  :jc_doublethumbup:

---------

That looks awesome too, did you have the image airbrushed on or is it a decal?

Sweet looking transport you've got there trooper. Is it the husky brand??  I'd been wondering what I could put in place of that logo on top of my tote. I like it!!

Sweet looking transport you've got there trooper. Is it the husky brand??  I'd been wondering what I could put in place of that logo on top of my tote. I like it!!

Yes it is the HUSKY tote.  Picked it up at Home Depot in WA.  I cut out the HUSKY logo and had a piece of PVC covered in Carbon Fiber with my TK ID.  Then glued the new logo back on the lid.

Here are the pics of my build at various stages: 

http://www.badlands.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6269

Edited by VancouverTrooper
  • Like 1

Yes it is the HUSKY tote. Picked it up at Home Depot in WA. I cut out the HUSKY logo and had a piece of PVC covered in Carbon Fiber with my TK ID. Then glued the new logo back on the lid.

Here are the pics of my build at various stages:

http://www.badlands.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6269

I LIKE IT!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is seriously cool. Looks like this is a Stanley box, correct?

I am going to borrow some of your ideas, but I think I am going to make mine either more white or more black, because I keep thinking of a referee when I look at yours. lol   Very well done, my friend. The CF touches are really nice, as well.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Glad I found this thread again! I finally have my Husky box, and I remembered seeing a really well done paint job on one. I'm totally stealing the general paint scheme. ;) I hope it's seen as the tribute it is intended rather than theft!

I did the lid last night. Looks so awesome! Pro-tip: Use an exacto to put a cut line along the tape, because even with the good painters tape (the green Frog tape) some of the lines came up a little chunky for the ones I didn't do that. (the first couple and one or two bits later that I missed in my rush) Hopefully they'll touch up later reasonably well, if not, well, I'm sure it's going to get beat up over time anyway.

I had a brand new Husky box that I need for a troop in a couple of hours (I'd best get packing, actually), so I didn't have time to mask and paint the lower part of the box, but the lid suffices for now. I'm loving this!

Edited by kman

You know what they say, imitation is the best form of flattery. Looking forward to to seeing pics of your progress. I painted my husky box some time ago and I still get lots of compliments ;)

All I have done so far is the lid, but here are a couple of pix from that. Next up, more masking so I can paint the bottom part!

20160521175250-ac3c9970-la.jpg

20160521175253-f95e7558-la.jpg

Do you recall how large the imperial logo was that you used on the front face of the box? It looks like the perfect size. Was it from a 501st sales thread, or just eBay or something?

Finally had time to finish masking and paint the bottom of my box yesterday.  Naturally I ran out of paint in the middle and had to dash to Home Depot to get more, ARGH.  It's still not my best work, and I'm really torn about fixing it up and making it "perfect", but then I remember it's just a gear box that's going to get bashed around, so maybe I shouldn't spend too much time on it?  The trials and tribulations of OCD continue, LOL.

Masked:

20160524125919-4daa352e-la.jpg

Painted:

20160524125912-1b625421-la.jpg

Now I'm waiting on Cog and TKID die-cut labels from R4ZORBL4DE's sales thread, and to make a final decision about the metal box tag from the 501st Merch sale, and it'll be mostly done.  Mostly, because of course now I have to figure out just how I'm going to pack this thing inside.  (I'd like to do something nice and organized, as opposed to just sort of tossing stuff in there barely enough order that it still fits.)

• Like 1

All I have done so far is the lid, but here are a couple of pix from that. Next up, more masking so I can paint the bottom part!

20160521175250-ac3c9970-la.jpg

20160521175253-f95e7558-la.jpg

Do you recall how large the imperial logo was that you used on the front face of the box? It looks like the perfect size. Was it from a 501st sales thread, or just eBay or something?

My imperial cog is 8 inches in diameter.  I had it printed at a local sign shop.  All I did was give them a high res image I found online.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...