Troopermaster (TM) 1mm ANH Hero

So today was box day, I got in the 1mm TM kit that is my next build. Wow, this stuff is light! Wearing a full kit will be easy with as light as this stuff is. Super flexible is the key for this stuff. I don't think you could crack this stuff if you tried, you can easily fold the pieces in half without creasing/cracking.

First thing to do was to get another project off of the table to make room!

IMG_7273_zps6fa2d826.jpg

The box had seen better days! (Mr. Sexy corner humping the box)

IMG_7309_zps3ab5c5c9.jpg

Unwrapping all the pieces and laying them out for inspection!

IMG_7311_zps810d8590.jpg

IMG_7312_zps9c3d14ee.jpg

And the TM hero helmet, the only Hero helmet that is Hero from the mold (that I am aware of).

IMG_7313_zps53ad3d70.jpg

Edited by Dday

I didn't even know 1mm armors do exist! It must be incredibly flexible and light! Lucky you are to have grabbed this :). Is this armor for you or are you going to build it for someone else like the other?

And indeed, the Hero TM lid is certainly the best there is up to now.

I didn't even know 1mm armors do exist! It must be incredibly flexible and light! Lucky you are to have grabbed this :). Is this armor for you or are you going to build it for someone else like the other?

And indeed, the Hero TM lid is certainly the best there is up to now.

This will be for another member sadly, so when it's all done I will have to give it up!

I think a 1mm suit is almost like a costumers dream. We are always looking for ways to make things lighter while retaining all the details and functionality, this really fills that bill. Sharp details, great functionality and it's lighter!

Well, I'm pretty sure Mr. Sexy didn't full on jump on the box and start humping the 1mm beauty that is inside.... but then again, I did leave them alone for a little bit. Disturbing...

Well, I'm pretty sure Mr. Sexy didn't full on jump on the box and start humping the 1mm beauty that is inside.... but then again, I did leave them alone for a little bit. Disturbing...

Oo... :blink:

Helmet looks awesome, whats the armor made from.  Bending the armor over itself, without creases or cracks is pretty cool.

ABS.

Love how many boxes you see that are ripped or squashed lol, looking forward to the build :D

Helmet looks awesome, whats the armor made from.  Bending the armor over itself, without creases or cracks is pretty cool.

It is made from 1mm thickness ABS. When the ABS is so thin to start with, it is super flexible and when pulled over a buck it will retain much more detail then any other thicker ABS, so it's light and has very sharp details

Sorry no posts the last few days, but that doesn't mean no progress! I've been taking a lot of photos... well some, and making good progress. Just every time I come back out of the work room I forget to bring the camera.... so I say ok maybe tomorrow. Hahah, I will get the updates up today though.

Ok, some new shots of progress. I"m moving along pretty quickly.

Some general trimming shots:

IMG_7327_zpsed94999f.jpg

IMG_7328_zps5690932c.jpgIMG_7329_zps6bcf8921.jpg

IMG_7330_zpsa44d3bfa.jpg

IMG_7331_zpsfd5f923c.jpg

In the back, you can see the TD is done. I finished that on day 1, just to get something easy out of the way and feel like I made progress!

IMG_7332_zpsb45348de.jpg

I have decided I like to glue on the first half of the strip by itself, let it dry, then to glue on the other half of the strip. This extends the build time a bit but it allows me to get a better collection on the sides. Maybe it's extra work.... but I decided it's good this way, also this makes for a lot less glue tracks as I am sliding the pieces around to get them into place.. then they slip as I grab the clamps or magnets and I slide it back and there is a snail trail...

IMG_7333_zpse574c1f5.jpg

Gluing the other side

IMG_7336_zpsa2ec8eed.jpg

The Belt in progress

IMG_7334_zpsb15193a6.jpg

IMG_7335_zps41d1c41c.jpgIMG_7337_zps6f3dfc0f.jpg

The belt finished

IMG_7339_zpsfd1434f9.jpg

The Ab plate finished, minus paint. Once I start with the brackets I will attach the backplate to the ab.

IMG_7340_zps2b4777cf.jpg

I love those slight curves on the Sniper knee plate so it conforms better with the shin shape!!  :)

And i know it's too late, but IMO you cut too much on the ends of the ABS ammo belt. Here's a wonderful shot from Luke's belt, where you can really estimate the length of those:

vlcsna11.jpg

Germain, thanks a lot for your input, I really do appreciate the second set of eyes and you have a great attention to details!

As far as the belt goes, I think the Luke belt is a little longer on the ends then the normal belts. Well at least referencing this from the RS suit.

gallery_12157_59_37792.jpg

I based the length of the belt ends off the width of the boxes themselves. From the above photo, from the last belt bump to the edge of the belt is the width of one hanging belt box. In person, my belt matches that. One width of a belt box from the last ammo box to the edge of the belt.

It seems like Luke has larger boxes then the normal TK... or maybe they just look bigger on him because he is so small!  :0Lighten:

Hey Derrek, if you refer to the drop box width, then your ends are too small  ^_^. The end mesure more than half the width of the drop box on the RS pic. But nevertheless, this is small details, very small details...  ;)

I personally think the drop boxes are fine. You have to remember that when making these in the movies. They threw them together. I dont think they measured them so precise.