Front

IMAG0595.jpg

Side

IMAG0598.jpgIMAG0600.jpg

Back

IMAG0599.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail

IMAG0597.jpg

Lens Color (Did the best I could here, the inside of my bucket is black so couldn't take the pic from outside)

IMAG0603.jpg

Blaster Details

Left

IMAG0584.jpg

Right

IMAG0585.jpg

D-Ring

IMAG0586.jpg

Accessory Details

Neck Seal

IMAG0594.jpg

Thermal Detonator Back

10176144_490494081081485_306285341871782

Holster Attachment

(front)

IMAG0592.jpg

(back)

IMAG0591.jpg

Edited by PhoenixTrooper

Hey Chris:

Thank you for your application for EIB!!! Let's take a look at your armor.

CRL Requirements:

It was actually kind of difficult for me to look at your armor. Your pictures are very poor quality and blurry.  I was able to decipher the details that were necessary. All submission pictures have been posted. Your armor meets the requirements. 

With that I would like to congratulate and welcome you EIB!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

I know that being a bigger trooper comes with its challenges. You did a really nice job hiding the side shim seams. Well done! With that in mind, I am concerned about the flare out on your left side. This is creating an out of balance look to your armor that screams "fix me!" Another thing that shares that sentiment is your right thigh. It looks a lot bigger than your left. I know it took a lot of work to make your thighs fit in the first place, but I think it would benefit the overall look of your armor to reduce that right thigh at the knee.

I would pull the paint from your crotch rivet. These were normally not painted. I would also switch out the pop rivets from your thermal detonator to the correct slot head screws. I can see your lower most rivet on your left side. I shouldn't. This is because of two things: either your rivet placements are too close together or it might be you are wearing your belt too low. It should be up a little higher in the back. It does not need to cover the seam of your butt and kidney.

Centurion Suggestions:

This is going to come with its challenges. It is never easy to take something designed for a small frame and match it to a large frame. As I mentioned before, you have done a great deal of work so far to get yourself this far and that should be commended. As you  know, Centurion is about the details. This has been a subject that has come up time and again regarding the raised areas on ATA armor. It is not required that the entire raised are be filled by a cover strip. The seam cover strips on the forearms and biceps were roughly 15 mm. The ones on your biceps look to be much wider than that.  Too wide. I cannot even make out the detail on your thigh backs but I assume the same issue presents itself there. Although the strips on the back of the legs should be roughly 25mm (I will bargain on a tad larger for certain applications as long as everything is consistent) it is going to take some masterful work to achieve a Centurion look here. 

Follow up on that rivet placement issue I mentioned above.

Make sure your drop box outer edge aligns with the outer edge of the waist belt.

Your center button plate on your ab needs to be reduced in size a bit. It should sit on the raised "stage" area with stage seen around it. Like this:gallery_12157_16_2210.jpgThe button plate should not come near or exceed the edge.

The topic of hand painted details has come up a lot lately. I commend anyone who takes on the task of handpainted details but there are specifics that the final look dictates. The black line that encompasses  the tears, and the trapezoids should be a small pinstripe not a thick outline.gallery_12157_15_29303.jpg you came very close to this on your rank area of the ears. You will need to go back and reduce the thickness of this line. Because of the quality of your photos, I can't really see the consistency of the lines but try to make it as consistent as you can.

Please contact me should you have any other questions.