Jaren's first ANH Stunt Build - MTK

Jaren

It has been awhile but I am back! So I still managed to screw up my ears. it was so bad I had to order new ones. (Thanks MTK!) Last time, I tried to rush it and cut too much off and could not recover from it. I refuse to post those pics. So lets try again! 

Is the right ear bigger than the left or do I need to take more off? I can't make the left smaller or "the mold line that split" and pop rivet will show. I guess what I'm asking is, will this get me my basic TK number? What should I do?

post-20212-0-77715900-1412904277_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jaren

Hi Jaren,

For basic 501st as long as the ears cover the cap/back and the face plate seam, there are the 3 screws mounting the ears and painted white (stunt), the ear "mics" are painted grey with a black stripe around it in addition to the black rank bars...

You will earn your 501st. Ear gap isn't too critical. Check out some of the EIB and Centurion builds and even some have ear gap.

However, I KNOW you are aiming for more than basic 501st and I believe you can and will overcome the ear shaping beast! :)

Keep the faith brother.

• Like 1

I cannot post pics with my newer laptop because there is a problem between it and Photobucket. I was using my old desktop to post pics from photo bucket but now it does not work. Its says I need a update. I already updated and still does not work. I tried posting pics as a thumbnail but that now says the pics are "too big" even after resizing it too. :(

Edited by Jaren

I finished my helmet today! I will be posting pics as soon as I can. I did trim my right ear a little more. Thank you guys! Not as good as some of yours but I think my helmet came out ok.

Hi Jaren,

What browser are you using? I run into problems with IE and FISD, especially a newer version. I switch to Firefox and everything works like normal.

Good to see your helmet. Keep in mind everyone is a little wonky. Plus no one is really ever done with their armor, even after gaining EIB or Centurion. Always something to tweek after a troop or two. ;)

• Like 1

Gave some of my armor a hot bath. I am happy how well it worked. Now my shins close on their own. And my arm and thigh ammo are more rounded.

Edited by Jaren
  • Like 2

Great to hear Jaren. Now show us some pics! :P

Boiling water is much more forgiving than a heat gun. I tried using a heat gun for about 30 seconds and didn't like the results. Hot spots and quick to get to melting point then shrinking point from which there is no recovery. (I found this out on one end of my ammo belt and after that resorted to heat sealing iron and boiling water for everything else!)

You will get there, I know it! :duim:

Adam

I will, I will. As soon as I have more time I will post pics. I am using my spare time to build and not figure out my posting pics problem. My goal was to get it done before Halloween but work will not allow me.

I know what you mean. I had a heat gun accident and had to order new parts. The hot water bath is the way to go. I have not tried the heat sealing iron yet.