Jaren's first ANH Stunt Build - MTK

Jaren

Just keep on building, keep on building....

BTW, I have a FC in my delorean, but it's not set up for air/space travel yet so I wouldn't be able to get it to the States for you. Sorry mate.

• Like 1

Cut my thumb pretty deep with a exacto knife. You know when you have problems is when: you are more worried about getting blood on your armor than your health! LOL (typing with one hand) LOL

i sliced my thumb open too. i think everyone does once in there build haha! the sniper plate was tricky but after being done it wasnt too hard. just line up the groves and glue. i didnt use rivets.

IMG_20140528_174524_zps81566394.jpg

IMG_20140528_174512_zps2b399700.jpg

IMG_20140528_174544_zps7ebe1a13.jpg

hopes this helps!

also when you go to put on your knee ammo pack.. just be careful when lining them up.

like this:

IMG_20140528_132001_zps304dbc03.jpg

I was told to go a little higher than this so bend it up to cover the split (if you have one) if not youre okay

IMG_20140528_132008_zps26ea2cb4.jpg

just wanted to show how far back it goes on both sides. the cuts look great on your build though

IMG_20140528_132016_zps186b0f0d.jpg

Nice build! Brings back some memories...

Jut take your time and like learning to ride a bicycle...you never forget once you figure it out.

Most of all keep having fun!

Adam

I had the same question with the depth in my eyes also.. its hard to say.. if there is any to what seems to be line then cut it if not then dont make it too close to the edge of the eye it looks pretty good from here.. ill find a pic for you.

IMG_20140508_235619_zps270a4ebd.jpg

this is the closest one that i could find.. in the right eye (waht youre seeing to your left) the very inside of the eye is probably 5-10mm deep. and on the other eye on the outerside of the helmet is 10mm or so deep too. just try to see from this image depth. every helmet is different but you should be able to tell :)

The helmet builds are the hardest part but most fun and challenging. good luck and take your time ESPECIALLY with the ears...

Edited by Stormy1992

My build will be on hold for a little while. I just had a death in the family (Grandparent). I will get back to it as soon as possible.

Edited by Jaren

Sorry for your loss Jaren. :(

Take care of your family first, we will all be here when you are ready.

I'm sure your grandparent would want you to finish anything that made you happy! :)

Adam

Thank you guys. I took your advice Kyle and Adam. I started back up again during my free time to help keep my mind busy. Thank you again everyone for the support.

Edited by Jaren

Hey Jaren I just got caught up on your build.  I am very sorry for your loss and I hope that everything has been going as well as it can for you during this tough time.

I looks like you are starting to move along again I see.  I wish I could help you with your ear measurement.  Good luck in your continuation and I can atleast maybe help out with your armor.

I do have a ear question if you guys could help?

What measurement did you use for the round part of the ears? I just want a guide for how much to trim off? Thank you.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27375-howto-draw-an-approximate-ear-trim-line-with-no-gaps/?hl=%2Bear+%2Btrimming#entry355019

I wish I saw this post regarding ear trimming when I did mine! I invested almost 5 hours on them!