Jaren's first ANH Stunt Build - MTK

Jaren

So I bought a Dremel and some Lexan scissors. That really cut my "cut" in half! LOL. Still chipping away at my armor when I have free time on my off days. I tried Photobucket and still no luck with the pictures. TK3056 has been helping me a lot! Thanks again. I will try and resize my pics smaller then try Photobucket again.

• 3 weeks later...

Its great that you got photobucket to work Jaren.  I've been lucky to be able to look at Ian's and Adam's MTK builds.  Now I can also look at yours along the way as well.  Quite a few MTK's popping up lately.  They really seem to be great armors and look great when they are finished.  Now its actually time to get get going and finish them!  Good Luck...

The Left Bicep is a concern. I will have to try Toybiz's method to help fix it.

1Bicep_zps31212f16.jpg

Oval and not round.

2Bicep_zps16794b84.jpg

Thanks Toybiz's and The5thHorseman. I will be trying to fix it soon.

Jaren, I could have sworn that I'd commented on your build already but I don't see any comments anywhere...  :(

Looks like you're off to a great start.  That first cut can be stupidly daunting and intimidating, but before too long (and you probably already are to an extent) you'll be picking it up and hacking/drilling/sanding/etc at it like it's no big deal.  LoL.

Looks like you've made some good progress so far.  Just continue to read and research, then measure twice and cut once. 

Most importantly:  HAVE FUN!!  THIS IS AWESOME!!!  ;)

Edited by Dark CMF

I got my boots (TKBoots)

TKBoots_zps5ef00c7c.jpg

my canvas belt (TKittell)

CanvasBelt_zps3cdee782.jpg

and my neck seal and holster. (Darman)

NeckSealandHolster_zps3ad5fed9.jpg

Now I just need to finish trimming!

Looks great and alot of product that i went with. the belt is wonderful! neck seal is too. i need to find a way to wrap the material around to the back.. didnt have a back piece. maybe i can make a question thread about it. anyway looks all good man! :) i may look into some TK boots for myself also.

Thank you Guys!

Still just trimming away!

Put the curve on the knee ammo boxes using trooperbay's video.

Kneeammobelt_zps39df0538.jpg

Trimmed the knee plate (before)

Kneeplate1_zps8fdc2da8.jpg

After

Kneeplate2_zps98b00b7a.jpg

Hey Jaren everything is looking good. I don't know what it is but the thighs have been the thing that is scaring me the most. I finally did some more final trimming on one of them lastnight and I'll hopefully get the next one tonight. It's nice having our MTK build threads to look at while we work. I wish there were like 100 more MTK builds.

I hope you get to your sniper plate before me because I hear that is a huge pain. I want to cheat off of you!

I am still going to give my left bicep a (Toybizs) hot bath when I get more time.

I will for sure post my sniper plate when I get around to do it.

If we were racing you would have won a long time ago. LOL!

I just need more time to build. I am still trying to build a time machine. I just need flux capacitor and a DeLorean! Or if I could locate the "time" infinity stone. It's like one of the last infinity stones we have not seen yet in the Marvel Movies. Guardians was Outstanding by the way!

Edited by Jaren
  • Like 1