First Armor build

I am posting this here for several reasons. First I would love to look back after I get this done and see how far I have come with it, and second. My excitement for this turned to full out terror after opening the box and getting all the pieces out. I never imagined there would be so many pieces. I am almost doubting I can do this and could use help along the way. I have only seen a full Stormtrooper suit one time in person and i didn't think to study it. I have been wanting this suit for years but honestly didn't think there were so many pieces!! Anyhow. I just got home last night from a short trip to Disney for the Rebel rendezvous event and one day at SSW thanks to my job making me cut it short by two weekends. 

So to start my build I arrived home last night around 4am and rushed to open the boxes I heard both had arrived while I was gone. (I had talked my other half into opening the first one that arrived and took pictures for me but that was it. After opening the second box I had to go to bed and wait till morning to try and look at everything. 

Some of the pieces here are doubled up. I ran out of table space. 

I am headed to work in a few hours where I have two 12 hour shifts to do before Monday morning so I have to wait till at least monday until I can officially start anything. 

post-20510-0-22595000-1400344019_thumb.jpg

post-20510-0-44087700-1400344031_thumb.jpg

Good luck, Stacy!  Feeling terror and doubt are par for the course. Opening that box is always a scary feeling--but it is exhilarating too, once you start to get some work under your belt.  Just take it step by step, and remember the old saying: measure twice, cut once.

Feel free to ask us all questions and for advice.  We all started at the beginning too.

What kind of kit did you get?  I don't know much about the femme-trooper style of armor with the female chestplate, myself.

• 3 weeks later...

What sort of 'fails'? As most of us will attest to, there are no fails, just set backs, or a little bit of extra work here and there. I tell you, I've had my fair share...

True. I just don't know what the heck I am supposed to be doing. I dont even know if I am making this fit properly. Lol. I was fine last night after a bottle of Tank 7 but I am giving it another go today. (With the suit, too early to tell on the beer)

Stacy,

I don't know how much build advice I'll be able to give you as I'm not familiar with how suits should fit on women, or how this particular suit design fits, but I can tell you I had never done anything like this before I started on my TK either.  There have been several times where I thought I was in over my head.  One part in my build I actually cracked the side of the ab piece installing a split rivet and I thought I would have to junk it all.  Not only was I able to repair that, but I was able to get some in-person assistance from a friend who had just finished his first TK build and got the rest of the rivets installed.

You can absolutely do this!  You don't need to put any kind of time constraints on your build.  Work on it when you can, and it will be finished when it's finished.  

Please feel free to post pics of the pieces you're working on and ask questions on any part of the build you're having trouble with.  There are many experienced people on these forums that can help solve most any issue you will have during the course of your build.

So after coming to the realization that the first crafty thing I have ever done in my life will not be perfect and I need to enjoy it for what it is, things have been rolling along pretty smooth. I have been failing at taking pictures as I go but took one from todays work and a fun one to enjoy. 

post-20510-0-02573600-1402534895_thumb.jpg

With this type of build, does the chest plate go under the ab plate?  I could be very mistaken, but I think because of the way the ab is cut, it is supposed to go under the chest plate and the areas on the ab that are cut out are to accommodate the female anatomy when it's underneath the chest plate.

I think I found a pic of the armor you have:

DSCF4463.JPG

Edited by maxsteele