Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

Hope this might be the right place to post this, but does anyone have a lead on the 4th trooper from the right (in the gap between the foreground troopers)? The one with the black "vest" looking thing...

post-480-0-79540400-1429831857_thumb.png

Hope this might be the right place to post this, but does anyone have a lead on the 4th trooper from the right (in the gap between the foreground troopers)? The one with the black "vest" looking thing...

Someone mention he may just be a trooper with body armor, but of course that's just speculation.

Heavy Wepons

I would like to agree but he doesn't have a backpack and he's packing a small gun. If he's the next HWT I'll be extremely disappointed. B)  

Dont get me wrong, I like the look of the armour, love the look of the Tie pilot, HWT etc, but 2k for an armor kit you need to go do and spray with Rustoleum, is too expensive for my likes.

My new plan is to save up and hopefully C9?? is either back in Orlando or Cali 2017, for the 40th anniversary of ANH, and get my butt over there to immerse myself in Star Wars for the four days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11

I would like to agree but he doesn't have a backpack and he's packing a small gun. If he's the next HWT I'll be extremely disappointed. B)  

He could be the equivalent of a modern fireteam gunner- the real-world IAR isn't as obscenely large as a Lewis gun, so perhaps 40 years on the Empire has similarly slimmed down their heavy weapons?

• Like 1

There's even a guy holding a "shield" on the far right, too....

On 4/24/2015 at 7:31 AM, Star1687 said:

This is the same type of guy

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

This is the same type of guy

trooper.jpg

That looks like a much bigger weapon vs the standard blaster. So I will stick with HWT.

It's a chest rig without any doubt. If you look forward in the same scene, on the left side of the screen there are others, you could spot the shoulder straps crossed on the back plate of the armor.

Quite a simple and "terrestrial" solution, for a SW movie. I like it.

Looks like it has a forward grip.

I didn't catch the MP40 pack on his left shoulder in the first pic, but here, I'm now leaning towards HWT or TD, anything is possible at this point.

Anybody else think the guy most toward the center; in between rows, pretty much right below the main imperial guy in top, looks a lot like a Snowtrooper? he has the backpack, the different looking helmet, and the little cape over his butt and legs. There is snow in the background as well. Nice to see at least four* different helmets in this shot though.

Edited by chrskmbr

Th

Anybody else think the guy most toward the center; in between rows, pretty much right below the main imperial guy in top, looks a lot like a Snowtrooper? he has the backpack, the different looking helmet, and the little cape over his butt and legs. There is snow in the background as well. Nice to see at least four* different helmets in this shot though.

That's a snowtrooper.

On 4/28/2015 at 10:56 AM, Khaos said:

Good read on the Anovos TFA C----------------

That's awesome. Clint is awesome! I think he kept us all sane during the build process but it was his words of wisdom that define him and what we do as a legion. LOVE IT! 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021