Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

I understand what your saying but if ANOVOS sets themselves up as the single source for armor then we are locked into paying premium prices for incomplete unfinished kits, similar to the ones we buy now at a third the price. And for a person such as myself who doesn't have that kind of coin and isnt currently a member then membership becomes an unattainable dream.

we are a charity organization, we dont make money for what we do, ANOVOS clearly is a for profit company and is setting themselves up to be our exclusive provider. I feel like ANOVOS views us as nothing more than a cash cow they are eager to milk.

• Like 4

I don't know about those "chosen" for the stage, but for myself and others there are no special shoes nor blasters.  My understanding is that the blasters used by the "chosen" are Disney property, and they are to be returned. 

I don't know about those "chosen" for the stage, but for myself and others there are no special shoes nor blasters. My understanding is that the blasters used by the "chosen" are Disney property, and they are to be returned.

yes & the armor for the "chosen" *is* to go back too.

yes & the armor for the "chosen" *is* to go back too.

The armor for the chosen is the property of the people because they bought it.

They were not using special screen made armors, it is the ANOVOS kit they bought and assembled.

• Like 1

I enjoy reading about all this stuff...

But is it possible that once Celebration is over we can have a single correct answer for who was "chosen", who did what with who's property, etc, etc.

It really doesn't matter in the end for me but If it can't be made public, stick it in the Legion only section or on the main Legion boards.

Edited by Clonecollector

I agree, if folks want to discuss more about our internal business: get a costume approved, join the ranks, and use the membership forums. 

Here's it's more about how to build white armor and gathering info and reference material to get there.

• Like 4

The whos and hows are not necessarily information that we, as members, were given access to.

As it was in support of the unveiling at Celebration, attendance at Celebration was a factor, location was a factor, as the kits had to be shipped, built, and then transported to Anaheim in short order.

I believe that the is some confusion/angst here today by the use of the term "chosen."

Primarily, it is being used to mean "the 75." It appears to have taken on a new meaning which is "people on stage."

"The 75" will be keeping their armor, and all accessories that they received from ANOVOS.

"The people on stage" well, I don't know, but the sentiment appears to be that they were wearing loaners.

• Like 1

A poor choice of words on my part to say "the Chosen". I will endeavor to be more precise next time. Please disregard that comment.

The people on stage were primarily Anovos employees with the one in the center being its CEO. That is what they told us at the Anovos panel. So I think they will be able to keep theirs as well. The CEO and COO were both cos players and a part of the 501st before starting the company. I have a feeling that these will only be available from Anovos. Anyone trying to make them on thier own will probably get in big trouble if they try to sell the kits. That is another unfortunate situation when you have companies selling under a license agreement. They can sue you if you try to profit on something that they have the rights to. I am pretty sure there is no way around it.

• Like 1

In a live interview session at the Cantina stage, the owners of ANOVOS said, while the 2nd host was standing with them dressed in ANOVOS EP7 armor, that the price range would be $200-$700 for a helmet (with the premier version being fiberglass) and armor being $400-$2500 (options of standard or premier, kit or built). Assuming that's true, then it sounds like really similar pricing to their current TK preorder. IIRC, they didn't say if any of the 'armor' $400-$2500 spread included the helmet or not.

Edited by aramis
  • Like 1

Look! im very proud to be part of the 501st and im so thrilled that our guys and gals {maybe)  got to wear these amazing suits  at Star Wars Celebration :-), even better these guys and gals can wear these suits for all the charitys we represent!!.. thats what we do!!! :smiley-sw013:

Edited by Trooperman
  • Like 2

The people on stage were primarily Anovos employees with the one in the center being its CEO. That is what they told us at the Anovos panel. So I think they will be able to keep theirs as well. The CEO and COO were both cos players and a part of the 501st before starting the company. I have a feeling that these will only be available from Anovos. Anyone trying to make them on thier own will probably get in big trouble if they try to sell the kits. That is another unfortunate situation when you have companies selling under a license agreement. They can sue you if you try to profit on something that they have the rights to. I am pretty sure there is no way around it.

I'm glad someone else is speaking about and recognizing this. I'm glad a company Is offering competitive options, but I am a little concerned with how this will effect the propsellers longterm.

I think it will be ok for 501st members to keep selling pieces at a low profit or in low quantities, but I wouldn't expect individuals to try to make a living off of it. Though these individuals were at risk before Anavos anyhow.

My bigger concern is that propmakers will lose motivation to design their own sculpts, because its too difficult to sell and pay for itself. Resulting in a true monopoly, where prices rise astronomically.

Look! im very proud to be part of the 501st and im so thrilled that our guys and gals {maybe)  got to wear these amazing suits  at Star Wars Celebration :-), even better these guys and gals can wear these suits for all the charitys we represent!!.. thats what we do!!! :smiley-sw013:

Mhhh... in that case no charity... just promotion for Anovos. ;)

But hey...so far Anovos do it right, search the guys who know there work ( 501st.).

Give them for "low money" some screen casted suit's and let them do the job.

And after all is done ,...now you guys have all to wear only my suits cause i have the licence and you not.

Ok that insulting i know. :P

Edited by Turrican

Germain, are there larger versions of those available someplace?

Sorry, i posted the largest version i found. I understand your frustration, i wish they were bigger too.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

My bigger concern is that propmakers will lose motivation to design their own sculpts, because its too difficult to sell and pay for itself. Resulting in a true monopoly, where prices rise astronomically.

If that happened they'd be in big trouble. It's fine to have exclusivity via a license, they just can't charge us up the rear end for them, especially not without LFL letting other companies copy the originals too. Don't worry, if they try to pull that then we'll all benefit!

My main concern is now that Anovos have there fingers into the Stormtrooper market, it could begin a gradual reduction in the suits of regular TK armor being made by all the very talented builders out there (I mean those that produce the kits, not those who put them together), although there equally talented and provide me with inspiration every time I think about putting together my own set.

I know that if I had just bought a licence to produce "screen accurate ?" TK Armor, I would try to maximise profit by trying to hit people with infringement of copyright notices and thus stopping the providers of armor, that unfortuaneatly is how business works.

I do wonder if part of there licence agreement for supplying TK armor covered this and the gentlemans agreement will still be in place.

With the new TFA TK armor, I can see a defensive approach to there licence being set from the start.

In the words of Han Solo "I have a bad feeling about this"

Edited by Artshot

Some great comparsion of the Episode VII helmet.

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f79/anovos-ep7-stormtrooper-thoughts-zq1hfh7-jpg-466472d1429476958

Taken from original moulds look different to me.

So it's not a exact movie replica as told by Anovos here.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/star-wars-episode-vii-stormtrooper-uniform-main-attraction/story?id=30414659

That's pure marketing.

• Like 1