Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

Thanks for helping keep everyone up to date on this Tim. I was able to help a squadmate work on his TFA TK some. It's pretty amazing in person. I'll def buy one.

• Like 1

and regarding the lift on the NDA, one builder and his crew posted a bunch of build images on Instagram yesterday. I'm assuming the NDA is no longer in play.

and regarding the lift on the NDA, one builder and his crew posted a bunch of build images on Instagram yesterday. I'm assuming the NDA is no longer in play.

Any pointers to where this's at? I'd love to see more.   ;)

Are you on that "list" if you applied to be one of the lucky 75- but weren't selected? Clearly they must know you were interested ?

Yes.
Edited by hjmediastudios
  • Like 1

Are you on that "list" if you applied to be one of the lucky 75- but weren't selected? Clearly they must know you were interested ?

Ty,

That is my understanding, and that is where the "about 300" number comes from, based on the sign up thread.  That's also why I believe I'm on the list.  LoL

• Like 1

Any pointers to where this's at? I'd love to see more. ;)

Yes.

oh man... I don't remember the guys username. I'd have to go dig for it. Maybe search for some hashtags. If I find it later I'll send it to ya.

Sent from my ComLink

Just a heads up about the shoes and blaster. I was at the ANOVOS panel yesterday and they were both discussed. They said that they are in fact working with the company who made the shoes for the film. The company who made the shoes contacted them and told them that they still had the molds and patterns for the film used ones. That is why the troopers at expo all had the same accurate pairs. So I believe accurate shoes will be available when the suites are. Whether Anovos includes them, sells them separate, or lets us know where to get them directly is still up in the air and under discussions. As far as the blasters are concerned, the ones seen yesterday were made of rubber. In early March Anovos decided that the troopers needed something to carry for the show, so they decided to contact Disney, who agreed, and told them to knock their socks off. They were able to go and 3D scan the screen used blaster on March 10th and had about a dozen ready for celebration. What this means is that Anovos has the scans and capability to make the blasters, but did not say anything about making them available. Like another poster commented, the rights for that are probably with Hasbro, therefore Anovos will not be able to provide them. Thats the blessing and the curse when you get into licensing. Although you have the want and desire to do everything, and you have access to do everything 100% accurate, you are hamstrung by your agreement as to what you can and cannot do. We will see though.

• Like 3

These are the gloves. The white on the back gets removed from the pinky, ring finger, and middle finger. The rest of the white remains. Also, some minor black stitching is added.

http://www.dcglove.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=2153-T

Are these the actual gloves or just ones that are very similar is the real question.

Would really appreciate some sharp pictures of the new blaster - especially the "empty" side which is held towards the body.

And a close-up of the T-track section would be great...

I spoke with AVONOS about the blasters and it seems they were a long way from offering one.  They gave me one to use for a commercial shoot (as I was toking my SE-14R), and when I asked if I could use it for the weekend they said no way, and I had to give it back right away. Apparently they cannot let the ones they have out of their site.

The blaster looks nice and will have some cool features like a spot light, but LFL got the grip wrong.  It is way too short for an adult male hand and I was given to understand that when they designed the blaster in their 3d program, they just did it for looks and alas, we'll have to suffer with a pistol grip that is kid size.

• Like 2

BTW, I trooped about 90 minutes in the suit yesterday,and nearly 4.5 hours straight today.  I have a few issues that can be fixed with better strapping, but otherwise the suit for me at least was more comfortable than a regular TK.  The helmet has more visibility front/peripheral but you lose being able to see out of the "teeth", which is harder around kids. It will really benefit from a fan.

• Like 3

BTW, I trooped about 90 days in the suit yesterday,and nearly 4.5 hours straight today.  I have a few issues that can be fixed with better strapping, but otherwise the suit for me at least was more comfortable than a regular TK.  The helmet has more visibility front/peripheral but you lose being able to see out of the "teeth", which is harder around kids. It will really benefit from a fan.

Can you sit in it? :-p

Just a heads up about the shoes and blaster. I was at the ANOVOS panel yesterday and they were both discussed. They said that they are in fact working with the company who made the shoes for the film. The company who made the shoes contacted them and told them that they still had the molds and patterns for the film used ones. That is why the troopers at expo all had the same accurate pairs. So I believe accurate shoes will be available when the suites are. Whether Anovos includes them, sells them separate, or lets us know where to get them directly is still up in the air and under discussions. As far as the blasters are concerned, the ones seen yesterday were made of rubber. In early March Anovos decided that the troopers needed something to carry for the show, so they decided to contact Disney, who agreed, and told them to knock their socks off. They were able to go and 3D scan the screen used blaster on March 10th and had about a dozen ready for celebration. What this means is that Anovos has the scans and capability to make the blasters, but did not say anything about making them available. Like another poster commented, the rights for that are probably with Hasbro, therefore Anovos will not be able to provide them. Thats the blessing and the curse when you get into licensing. Although you have the want and desire to do everything, and you have access to do everything 100% accurate, you are hamstrung by your agreement as to what you can and cannot do. We will see though.

Are the 75 legion guys allowed to keep this stuff they got from Anovos?

Or have they give back the shoes, undersuit and blaster after the celebration and just can keep the armour and helmet?

Hope they had not to sign any agreements not to show HD pic's of the whole armour and weapon stuff.

Edited by Turrican

I understand many people are concerned with the whole anovos thing. But i thought about that and after seeing this picture

0-----------

i think there is a good thing too. If there is only 1 supplier, all the troopers will be (or at least when assembled correct) very accurate and they look all the same!!!

So check out whats the negative thing about a whole bunch of suppliers is:

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2007/07/17/Jim_starwars460.jpg

Same troopers, everyone looks different.

Dont get me wrong, its always the "builders pride" and the opportunity to chose the builder you want to buy from. But i just noticed the pros..

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1