Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

I'd say both but I have only seen a pic from the trailer.

If you think about the Tk armor being able to suit body types between a certain range through proper fitting, it seems less possible to get elegant results with the tfa tk because it's not very " human " to begin with, more droidy.

We might need to be a more in the middle body type to look good in it.

Edited by Nicky

Overall after what i have seen so far.

Very nice futuristic design which fit's in a futuristic movie.

But overall those suit's could also fit in any other new Star Trek, Total Recall remake or Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Real OT Star Wars feeling? White wings Tie Fighter and chrome troopers. Really?

For me... it still not really transmit the spark.

May i'm just to OT for that stuff.

The overall design is sadly not my taste ( Also was not on the new Star Trek movies ) :(

Edited by Turrican

I miss the boobs also. The TK have awesome boobs and only now we recognise their power.

Like for any other costume I remind myself to give importance to the character. We are costumers and we forgot what it's like maybe, and this urge to get the looks right might not alone be motivating enough to truly appreciate a design. Imagine if darth vader was a douchebag with attitude problems at the workplace, we wouldn't have been so in love with his big bubble eyes and triangle mouth would we?

I will wait to see the movie I think, the TKs were badass in the old trilogy, if the tfa ones don't do anything cool, then I'll just skip that costume like I skipped the clones.

Edited by Nicky

I wish that we could get any more info about Anovos, their strategy, the pricing and some details about the boots, the gloves and the blaster.

Are the NDAs still valid, or can someone of the 75 lucky ones spill the beans about the new suits?

I have to confess, that I am not only jealous as hell for the chance they got, but also slightly pissed off.

We were scrutinizing every pixel of every screencapture, took guesses about what we saw, came up with theories and were hoping for just another blurry picture.

And in the background our own members already held the real deal in their hands ...

And then there is obviously already a waiting list for the first suits from Anovos with already about threehundred names on.

Heard about that list yesterday, still couldn't find it.

Sorry to rant, but this is how I feel at the moment.

It will change, I'm sure ...

• Like 1

The problem is that if one person breaks the NDA, it's the entire 501st that gets skipped next time and paid entertainers will be hired because "volunteers are no longer considered reliable". They can afford skipping us.  

Edited by Nicky
  • Like 1

For me... it still not really transmit the spark.

:duim:

To me that helmet smile is 90% of the thing, really don't understand the choice.

They didn't lack designers and brainstormings for sure. Is there something around to read about this?

@nicky

Yes, you are completely right. I signed my fare share of NDAs during my working life, so I know exactly what you are saying.

I don't blame anyone, god forbid!

Just feel like a kid who is not allowed to join the game of my friends in our playground ...

I feel the same way, I have so many wants, so many needs, right now! And I haven't even watched the trailer. #spoilerfree #yeswecan

I gotta do something with my hands ASAP but I don't feel like paying 2000 USD for a pre-assembled "get your own shoes" costume and then not feel any builder's pride. 

I think the old TK's still look gorgeous, so I seriously want to start Ralph McQuarrie TK because I need a project :P

@nicky

Yes, you are completely right. I signed my fare share of NDAs during my working life, so I know exactly what you are saying.

I don't blame anyone, god forbid!

Just feel like a kid who is not allowed to join the game of my friends in our playground ...

Maybe it wasn't easy for them too. How's the feeling to work on such a goldmine and cannot share a thing with your pals?

There is so much going on.... Wow....

I kinda like the design but what i think looks really bad is the chest plate. Don't know why anyone would approve this design. Also, imagine a trooper with a bigger Belly in that costume. Because of the low profile chest it's gonna be hard to make it look good i guess...

Still, The Helmet is nice. The overall design is alright. Still does not feel like Star Wars but that could change as soon as we see and love the movie.. For Now it's just a space army costume that could appear in every scifi movie. Lack of connection to Star Wars yet...

Edited by ex507

If I'd only know where to spend it! :-)

Get your own shoes?

The troopers at celebration sported all the same shoes, so I thought Anovos would supply them, too ...

To think how much time I spent online researching the correct gloves, scopes and ribbed cloth ...

Wasted.

On 4/17/2015 at 4:51 PM, Bone said:

If I'd only know where to spend it! :-)

Get your own shoes?

The troopers at celebration sported all the same shoes, so I thought Anovos would supply them, too ...

To think how much time I spent online researching the correct gloves, scopes and ribbed cloth ...

Wasted.

You should have used that time finishing your armor and joining the 501st...--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

I wish that we could get any more info about Anovos, their strategy, the pricing and some details about the boots, the gloves and the blaster.

Are the NDAs still valid, or can someone of the 75 lucky ones spill the beans about the new suits?

I have to confess, that I am not only jealous as hell for the chance they got, but also slightly pissed off.

We were scrutinizing every pixel of every screencapture, took guesses about what we saw, came up with theories and were hoping for just another blurry picture.

And in the background our own members already held the real deal in their hands ...

And then there is obviously already a waiting list for the first suits from Anovos with already about threehundred names on.

Heard about that list yesterday, still couldn't find it.

Sorry to rant, but this is how I feel at the moment.

It will change, I'm sure ...

The NDAs are no longer valid.

The build threads will be moved to a public forum (I am not aware if they will be moved to FISD, or remain on the Legion Forums at this time however).

Our members who,purchased the kits only received them about two to two and a half weeks ago, initially without the instructions necessary to build them, and had to work very hard to get the armor completed. The had to bondo a lot of parts, and paint the armor. They did not receive their helmets in the kits, they were delivered to them already completed at the ANOVOS booth in Anaheim.

The list exists only at ANOVOS. Sign ups for the list were offered in a forum on the Legion's main boards, only accessible to Legion members, as it was a decision made between the three entities (Disney/LFL/ANOVOS) to offer the opportunity to The Legion for Celebration. I have not seen the preorder list, only the list of members who were selected to buy the kits.

When it came time for the 75 Legion members to build, they were allowed, under the NDA to solicit help from Legion members, but we're still responsible for the security of the information per the NDA.

The price that has been thrown around ($1850 + shipping) is for an uncompleted kit, and Has been stated to be a Legion exclusive preorder price, hence the list. Subsequent offerings will very likely be at a higher price point when offered to the public later in the year.

I'm certain that once Celebration is over, more information will be forthcoming to the public at the discretion of ANOVOS. At the moment, we anticipate that the costume will be listed here within the FISD, and therefore, build threads will be posting here as they become available to people to post. Hopefully this clears some things up. I'm Detachment Staff, and since I've got Legion access on the Legion boards, that is all that I have access to share. The build threads were only available to members with the kits, and (as I understood it) one member of the Legion Command Staff who served as the Liaison to ANOVOS for the Legion.

• Like 2

Oh... I'll add that the word put out was that there would be no Blasters, Boots, or accurate Gloves provided with the kits, as the sources for accurate boots and gloves were not locked down at the time of production, and that the blasters (which are props, not costume parts) will not be made available through ANOVOS due to the Licensing being for costumes, even though that may change later.

Looking at the gloves in the trailers, vs the ones on the mannequins yesterday, they don't appear to have accurate ones yet.

The blasters used on stage were only made available for yesterday's panel (this is what I've been told by a source yesterday - so I cannot confirm or deny that fully. You will notice that many pictures of the new TKs which were not from the onstage panel, are taken with currently available E-11s in hand.

In the interest of transparency, I think I'm pretty high up on the preorder list, as I signed up within the first hour and a half of it being listed.

Believe me... I can't wait for them to begin sending out notifications based on that list which I believe I am on. :)

I promise that if I am fortunate enough to purchase one, I'll share a build thread here with all of you.

• Like 3