Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

Okay, let me just sum it up:

1. What we see, or have seen in the live stream are armors made by Anovos

2. Anovos has the license and is going to sell the armor.

3. Members of the 501st had the opportunity to be the first ones to receive and build this armor for trooping and showing off at the celebration.

4. Possibly Anovos even supplied the armor for the movie.

5. That would mean, that we could buy armor 100% identical to the screen used costumes.

Do I see this correctly?

Despite being jealous to no end about the opportunity our members had, my head is spinning.

Can somebody confirm any of the above in Detail?

Tim?

1/ Sounds correct.

2/ Correct again.

3/ Exactly. The offer was for US members only though (even though there's been some fuss around that point...).

4/ What i read was that ANOVOS seems to have had access to one of the film's armor but they didn't supply them.

5/ That's the spirit.

• Like 2

I am concerned. Between this and the announcement of ANOVOS original trilogy armour, I feel like a licencing web is being spun. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

That is exactly what I think too. In addition, costuming means researching, building, failing and starting all over again to me. When Anovos offers ready-to-wear armour I'm really not sure if I like it!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

Germain is correct.

ANOVOS did not supply the armor for the movies, but they did have direct access to armor made by the Ep VII prop masters for the purpose of making that armor.

There were a number of Legion.members that received kits in advance, which they purchased, to be a part of the reveal today.

There is also a wait list for kits, yes.

Sent from my Prism II using Tapatalk 2

Also, as Nicky already said, no costume will ever be automatically approved for Legion membership, even if it was a set of screen used armor, the person would have to apply for approval, just like everyone else, and if it fits incorrectly could be denied membership.

Sent from my Prism II using Tapatalk 2

Wore the armor today but still need to dial it in. Are there any peeps here in Anaheim who has extra Velcro, strapping, or snap plates I can buy off them?

Love the new Trailer

Snow trooper in the back ground, Stormies with back packs, and holy sh!t, the new Tie pilot looks AWESOME, i am so excited, I had a tear in my eye watching that trailer, specially when Han says to Chewie, were home.

• Like 1

LoL... There's a list of who has the kits.

I have a sneaking suspicion as to the identity of one of them, but I can't be sure yet.

• Like 2

LoL... There's a list of who has the kits.

I have a sneaking suspicion as to the identity of one of them, but I can't be sure yet.

Would you be referring to the extremely tall TK standing on the left, by any chance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11

Would you be referring to the extremely tall TK standing on the left, by any chance!

Yes, the one that wasn't completely dwarfed by Peter Mayhew. I do have a feeling about that one specifically, yes. ;)

Yes, the one that wasn't completely dwarfed by Peter Mayhew. I do have a feeling about that one specifically, yes. ;)

I to believe your insight serves you well, a Detachment leader, one might say.

• Like 1

From the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Facebook page...

Have you stopped by the ANOVOS booth (B3) yet?

With IG-1682, TK-5096, TK-265, TK-2834, TK-36285, TK-1919, and TK-4584.

--------------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Friends bought new TK at Anaheim. Hum...!!! kit is very expensive !!! (and you'll need to buy blaster and boots too)

Any word on the actual price? And is this kit form, or fully assembled? I know the initial lottery batch of 75 were supposedly a kit with a completed helmet.

I thought I saw some pictures of people with ANOVOS boxes, and I didn't believe that it was the new TK, specifically because they had over or about 300 preorder people on the wait list.

I seriously hope that they didn't skip their preorder list somehow, but yeah, the kits with shipping were offered at an introductory price (with a completed helmet, no boots or blaster) of just about $2,000 depending on the shipping method used.

On 4/17/2015 at 9:48 AM, bobio said:

From the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Facebook page..--------------

Those were the ones at the booth though. I still haven't seen a list of the ones on stage anyplace. If my theory is correct, that list can't be accurate for the stage TKs - besides the fact that there were ten of those.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021