Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

On 11/28/2014 at 11:52 PM, Nagedzi said:

Grainy shot of the new holster:

That raised molded detail on the Stormtroopers right thigh armor..... holster for the new blasters?

• Like 1

If no holster, there could finally be another use for my rare earth magnets. The ones I bought were virtually impossible to get apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't wait to buy a kit to build one of those beauties..

But I guess there will be a Replica helmet sold by any Company.. They just Need the 3D files to print the helmet.

On 11/29/2014 at 3:13 AM, Manzilla said:

Here is some of the ankle/armor spats:

Do the detail pictures show wardrobe malfunctioning? It looks like the fastening tab is hanging loose and not closing the ankle spat properly. If so this is a fitting tribute to the TKs in the Tantive IV boarding scene where bits were taped up, etc.

My understanding is that this is real people in real suits, with functional armor, so it's quite possible. Or, the rumors could be wrong.

• Like 2

Here are two screencaps of some backarmor details.

---------------------

It even shows that the neckseal it not completely closed.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

My understanding is that this is real people in real suits, with functional armor, so it's quite possible. Or, the rumors could be wrong.

I like this as it shoes how the parts should go together.

On 12/1/2014 at 12:26 AM, Sno said:

Here are two screencaps of some backarmor details.

-------------

It even shows that the neckseal it not completely closed.

You can see that the upper part of the back armor is not flat against the back. It is pretty thick with a large edge piece.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On sunday evening I contacted the only german who is listed as"special effects artist/prop builder" in the credits and asked if he is able to share information about the armor or the blaster.

He told me, that everybody involved had to sign a watertight NDA, that doesn't allow giving any information whatsoever ...

So this is not the route to go ...

If we are going to get any information, it obviously needs someone at the very top, who has a heart for the 501st ...

This the the trailer as G. Lucas wanted to release it, but he will be sure to make it the edition a few years later to dump on our new dreams as well... since it is not our universe, but rather his.

• Like 1

Yea I put myself on the list for one. Previous buyers are claiming it is beautiful. Screen accurate? who knows. For the book shelf

Edited by ukswrath

None of the helmets available are actually accurate. The shape of the eyes lenses is wrong, and the small detailing on the helmets aren't right. Like the one you pictured above, the vents on the cheek are not evenly spaced and far to small, the detailing above the ear is wrong and it is missing a greeblie on the top of the helmet.

The other one being openly offered is the same with some minor problems.

My partner and I will be making a helmet offering, but we're purposely not cashing in on the early inaccurate craze.

The 3d models are in the works now and being refined, but we will not finalize it and start molding it until we can be really certain to the minor details. We want it to be accurate from the start instead of forcing people to buy multiple versions.

• Like 1