Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

Damn tree branch in the way, might have given us a better shot if those leaves weren't there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly, the whole "We went out for a walk at a nearby park and stumbled upon the Star Wars set" doesn't sound real at all.  They're not going to let people "accidentally" come across a live film set like that.  With the shots these guys took, they could have acted crazy and ran into the middle of shooting.  That's not how it works.

This isn't real.

I can't verify if it's real or not but it would seem to be a lot of work to put this photo together--blue screen, heavy duty cables typical of a film set and all the rubble, not to mention the TK. I agree it does seem strange--even fishy--to "run across" this, though. Anyway, this photo gives a better idea why the TK is so blurry--it's a very tiny element of the whole pic:

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Very talented at metal work, for sure! Bummer that some details will be "off" or missing when the full 360° view gets leaked. I've seen a couple people making Episode VII lids and project runs and all I can think of it how some parts will likely end up being inaccurate (I'm assuming). Personally, I would rather wait until all details are confirmed before I acquire one.

• Like 3

Very talented at metal work, for sure! Bummer that some details will be "off" or missing when the full 360° view gets leaked. I've seen a couple people making Episode VII lids and project runs and all I can think of it how some parts will likely end up being inaccurate (I'm assuming). Personally, I would rather wait until all details are confirmed before I acquire one.

I have been wanting to make a EP7 helmet to sell, 3D printed, mastered molded and cast... but I"m waiting for the accurate shots to surface so that it's as accurate from the start vs requiring massive changes once we have the full 360.

• Like 1

I have been wanting to make a EP7 helmet to sell, 3D printed, mastered molded and cast... but I"m waiting for the accurate shots to surface so that it's as accurate from the start vs requiring massive changes once we have the full 360.

Makes sense, who wants to be known as the maker of the ep7 "FX" bucket...

Accurate or not, that is some amazing metal work to hand form all the parts!

Its also interesting to see one fan's interpretation of the individual pieces needed to fabricate a new style helmet.

Now without having any ears, it looks like the nose piece will be the complicated piece to get just right.

Can't wait to try!

• Like 1

The result of putting one's time in to learning a craft rather than video games. Wish more young folk would follow in this pursuit.

• Like 3

WOW! I've done metal fabrication for over 30 years and this is absolutely incredible, very impressive workmanship. I hope this man is making good money for his talents, if not, he should be. 

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

I love that helmet but I still like to original better. Plus I wonder how much that thing would weigh since it is all metal. I have a Viking helmet that is made mainly of copper and wearing that thing for a couple of hours for a game can lead to a pain in the neck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Get ready for this thread to blow up. Rumor is that we will see at least 2 shots of troopers in the trailer to be released on Friday.

One helmet off and one of the troopers in a transport getting tossed about.

• Like 1