HOWTO: Create a Scope Visual Effect (Pablo's way)

TKDUEUNO

Hi! Since mine has turned out pretty good, here's my method to obtain a nice visual effect for the scope!

All you need is a lens (I took mine from an old Polaroid camera), an old shiny cd-rom, a piece of red OHP film and a superfine marker.

1- cut out from the cd-rom a circle with the correct dimensions of the inside of your scope

2717023934_384d6987b5_o.jpg

2- cut out from the red OHP film a circle of the same size and draw on it the scope lines as you like. Be as precise as possible!

(This way you can try different scope styles without cutting out your entire cd collection :P)

2716211185_fa2450391b_o.jpg

3- assemble as shown:

2716268571_dcc451fcce_o.jpg

2717082508_b5565932a3_o.jpg

The key is to put the right distance between the lens and the cd-rom+OHP, experiment till you find the right compromise!

Here's the result:

2716262587_43a6834dc6_o.jpg

Hope you like it!

bye, Pablo

EDIT BY DAETRIN: updated title

• Like 1

Thanks for showing how this is done. I'm not gonna use this for the blasters I'm selling because it wasnt my idea, but for the one Im keeping, Im definitely gonna use it. Such an awesome effect.

I don't think he would have a problem with letting you use it on future projects.

Exactly! Smitty, feel free to use it for your blasters, in a world ruled by old copyright laws we don't need to keep restricted little things like these, but thanks a lot for the fairplay! :):):)

I'll be pleased to see my idea implemented by another blaster-builder :)

Wow, that looks awesome. Question for you: I know it's probably out here somewhere already, but what are you using for the scope body?

I used short copper pipes of various diameters, a chromed pipe for sinks, steel washers, a funnel tip, look at following pic:

2716212053_746a2ce6d4_o.jpg

bye!

Pablo

Exactly! Smitty, feel free to use it for your blasters, in a world ruled by old copyright laws we don't need to keep restricted little things like these, but thanks a lot for the fairplay! :):):)

I'll be pleased to see my idea implemented by another blaster-builder :)

That is awesome,Thanks. I know I can't separate my Hasbro scope (I put bondo in the screw holes) but I can still fuse the 3 pieces together and attach it to the end of the scope

That is awesome,Thanks. I know I can't separate my Hasbro scope (I put bondo in the screw holes) but I can still fuse the 3 pieces together and attach it to the end of the scope

It won't do if you put the three elements together, the key to the effect is the right distance between the cdrom+film and the lens!

Aww, the one I made sucks now... :P

That looks really cool, I wish I could replace mine, but I have bondoed the lens to the scope, darn.

Maybe one day, or the next E-11 :D

Don't say that, your blaster is still the finest and best-crafted out there!!!! :):):)

I can't imagine how perfect it would be a rev.2.0 !

I've almost finished mine, I'll post complete pics soon :)

Don't say that, your blaster is still the finest and best-crafted out there!!!! :):):)

I can't imagine how perfect it would be a rev.2.0 !

I've almost finished mine, I'll post complete pics soon :)

Wow, you really think so? Thanks very much :D

Perhaps I will use this scope idea on my next blaster, I will need an EpV E-11 for my Snowtrooper soon.

Looking forward to seeing your blaster ;)

• 1 month later...
I like this a lot... might have to do / try it.

Thanks!

You're welcome!

And thanks to Daetrin for changing the topic's title to an "HOW TO" one, nice to see that :)

I think you should add a pic of an ewok behind the bullseye in the scope like this (I hope this pic is visible):

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

kiyotei said:

I think you should add a pic of an ewok behind the bullseye in the scope like this (I hope this pic is visible):

OMG LOOOL if only I had this when I built it!!!

Please, someone DO this and post the pics!!! :)