Albuquerque Storm Trooper Helmet Mold

HELMET FACEPLATE MEASURES

Helmet Type                            Brow to frown      Frown       nose       Vocoder

Gino                                                    3"                  3/4      1  1/2            3"

AP                                                      2 1/2              3/4       1 1/2             3 1/8

TM                                                     2 1/4              3/4        1 1/2             3  1/4

MRCE                                               2 1/2              1/2         1 5/8            3 1/4

measures taken down the center line of the faceplate  from the eye top ridge to the edge of the vocoder on the vertical plane.

• 2 months later...

Finished pulling the new V2 helmets this weekend.  I will assemble them next weekend and then start the painting process.  I am super stoked about the tweeks.  Stay tuned.  I'll start a new thread.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ok...Here is version 3.0.  I have gotten verification that the helmet will meet EIB all day long....but after getting input from Steve I have made additional modifications so that the helmet can be considered for Centurion Status. Steve said changes look good, but of course until someone actually takes the plung there is no guarantee.  I will try this with my own build which is in progress and let everyone know.  

So changes so far include: changed the tear shape, widened the mouth area, changed the height of the earbud stripe bar and made the face mold deeper to lengthen the distance of the earbud to the tear.

19217167473_ddb9462093_z.jpg

19830702402_d249ed677c_z.jpg

19215458614_246405fc53_z.jpg

19222439783_2b0def0b47_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So I'm going back to revisit this helmet one more time.  I have two more tweaks I want to make.  Here is the latest helmet build.  The shape of the top of the helmet from the back and form the front is a little more squared off than the movie helmet.  It's been bugging me for some time now so I am going to round that portion out and I am going to drop the tear traps a little more.  A little larger in the bottom curve. In my opinion this will bring this helmet up to par with the movie version.  It's not going to have the washed out traps or the a-symmetry of the movie helmets, but a crisp and clean version.  This will be my final revision to this helmet mold.  My only question is can I get to Centurion with symmetry?

26142666462_8988636dc0_z.jpg

26209202286_98faa0eab4_z.jpg

25630365504_9471ffc903_c.jpg

26168826701_0730f393fe_z.jpg