My First Armor Build Thread ANH-S CAP Armor.

Hello all! I've finally purchased a legit set of stormy armor from scootch and am starting my helmet build tomorrow! Hope everyone that looks can offer me advise or answer some questions I may have! Thanks for all the support! So without further or do.. Here we go!

post-20412-0-23606000-1399346665_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stormy1992

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope everyone that looks can offer me advise

Ask a moderator to put it in the build thread section :)

Ā 

Seriously, good luck and enjoy! 2 bucket face plates???

Thank you! Plan on it! And yeah it came with two; was very happy to see that! Haha one for backup I suppose! If not needed will be on the sale thread :) sell it for supply money :)

Good luck...and if I may suggest, perhaps consider building to EIB or Centurion?Ā  When you go for those guidelines from the beginning, it's not much extra work and gives you some very satisfying results.

Have some questions regarding teeth. I was told by some 4 teeth for EIB, however some say 5 teeth is okay, and since my pull is so sharp 5 would be acceptable. image is close up of pull, one is when i cut all 5 teeth, the other is when i have the 5th tooth filled up.Ā 

Ā 

also this is my final placement for the cap and back to the faceplate and the brow height!Ā 

Ā 

Input on teeth would be great!

post-20412-0-28450200-1399313368_thumb.jpg

post-20412-0-41227800-1399313513_thumb.jpg

post-20412-0-40585200-1399313514_thumb.jpg

It depends on if you do stunt or hero. Stunt is 5 4 teeth.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Locitus

Going for stunt. so it is safe to say 5 teeth or 4 teeth? personally i like 5 but dont want to paint and be told to fix it..Ā 

Ā 

I have seen some helmets that have the frown going past the 'fifth' tooth, but never cut out.. this pull is sharp so it was easy to cut the 5th tooth. keep it?

Edited by Stormy1992

I know Mathias just said that Stunt is 5 teeth, but recent ANH Stunt builds I've been following have all been 4 teeth. Ā Also, in the photo reference gallery, this is marked as "ANH Stunt Frown":

Ā 

gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Majority of those are 4 teeth.

Ā 

I went with 4 teeth for my ATA ANH Stunt helmet.

Ā 

Ā 

gVp7RF8.jpg

Edited by maxsteele

Alright.. has i was saying.. most have that "fifth" tooth but its not painted just a little bit of white (you see what i mean?). so truly it could be 5 teeth.. but if its 4; ill keep my fifth took filled in.Ā 

If we want to get "official", base approval for 501st says in the CRLs for ANH Stunt:

Ā 

• Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. Eight total teeth on the frown are cut out.

Ā 

That should answer that. Ā :)

Locitus said 5 teeth is acceptable because there are troopers in ANH with 5 cut out. In fact there is one helmet I know of that has 6 teeth cut out.

Ā 

Heres the 6 tooth trooper! Its only on one side though.

anh2mp5.jpg

IMG_20140508_235619_zps270a4ebd.jpg

IMG_20140509_152259_zpsa8b83ebf.jpgIMG_20140509_152505_zps39071974.jpgIMG_20140509_152511_zpsb10aa1ed.jpgIMG_20140509_152521_zps3f0051f3.jpgIMG_20140509_145252_zpsfb7df190.jpgIMG_20140509_145304_zpsdfca8a50.jpg

Ā 

Alright so this is my first stormtrooper helmet build and i thought it came out so wonderfully. i was worried about the ears but really they fell into place. i always love to detail paint and would love to build another tomorrow! haha the first image was the tiny one, but i finally know how to post images! thanks 'The5thHorseman" :) what do you guys think of this build????

Fine job, well done! I would change this brow trim though. It's very narrow compared to original ones.

med_gallery_12157_59_13640.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

If those tears and traps are hand-painted, that's an amazing job! Ā Looks good!

Ā 

Those are stickers ;)

Looks great Kyle. Well done!

Ā 

Interesting about the teeth. As Maxsteele pointed out the CRLs clearly say 4 teeth, but I have seen Gazmosis say in an EIB application that 5 is acceptable. Another CRL anomaly. I think you should be right

Edited by Sith Lord

original-stormtrooper-helmets-in-street-

Ā 

This is a well known shot of a portion of the helmets created for ANH the vast majority of which have 4 teeth cut out.Ā  There are a couple 3 tooth and 5 tooth. As we know, MOST of the three toothed helmets ended up Heros. The others, including the 5 toothed helmets are considered anomalies. Your 4 tooth approach was the way to go.

To clarify, I don't ever remember mentioning 5 tooth as anything but an anomaly. I would not recommend it for EIB or Centurion.