Authentic M53 Parts Kits!

Hey Guys! So while browsing the internet I came across this parts kits offered by APEX Gun Parts. Its an M53 Yugoslavian version of the German MG's. I actually got a chance to play with one of these while I was deployed in Afghanistan. The local militia had several of them retro-fitted to motorcycles so of course being a Star Wars fan I had to ask to hold it. I wont lie, its a beast and surely not for trooping, but considering I payed about $75 less for my demilled sterling, this is alot more gun for the price tag and im actually really surprised at how low the price is for how much gun you get. This kit would easily assemble into a gorgeous DLT-19 with a but of finesse and PVC, or provide lots of the parts needed to cast for a pipe/resin DLT-19 kit! Just figured I'd share my discovery with the rest of you guys and ive attached a pic as well as the link.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/70/products_id/2172

i26df6.jpg

That gun you depict is the MG42 (or clone of) which is not what the DLT-19 is made from, which was the MG34. But the MG42 was used for some other star wars rifles.

I was thinking considering during the deactivation process by the ATF the weapons receiver must be torch cut in several places to weaken the structural integrity enough that re welding the receiver and firing the weapon would cause the receiver to become inoperable, and one of the cuts on these kits is placed before the front trunion that connects the barrel to the receiver, and being a "machine gun" means that it fires from the open bolt position requiring accurate and precise head spacing to prevent jams, misfires, stoppages etc. So, you could simply disregard the heat shield that comes with the parts kit, download a free DLT-19 barrel template and punch out the holes on a piece of PVC. Upon further research, the other pieces of the M53 kit are a 1:1 match with the MG32 used to for DLT-19s, so with some PVC pipe and time, you could harvest all of the cosmetically accurate parts off the MG53 kit to make a DLT-19. Plus the receiver being torch cut would mean a bit of elbow grease would be needed to reconstruct the receiver to get the MG back together rearward of the barrel. Just good for thought......

I'm sure some parts could be re-used, but when you look closer, the two guns (MG34 and MG42) are quite different from another.

I'm lucky enough to own an M-53 along with about 40 other weapons (all deactivated to UK standards lf course). I'm happy to try making a silicone mould of specific parts if that helps and is legal. I mean parts like the but stock etc, not making working fire arm parts. Give me a shout if you like! :)