Dyeing Black Boots White

OP, any word on how well your paint/dye job held up?

I bought myself the same deglazer and paint and I'm waiting on boots to show up tomorrow. Hopefully they'll turn out half as well as yours did.

I followed this thread for my boots and they turned out great.

2kwR6BV.png?1

I've been wearing them around the house while sizing up my armor and wearing my compression pants (It's a great look).  So far they've held up and with no signs of cracking for flaking.  The elastic shows black when it stretches but that is only when I am putting them on.  I have a few marks from the shin armor and boot scuffing but that's a good thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just realized I never followed up on my dye progress. Sorry guys! I did the exact same steps as Brandon (OP), except I used the Angelus on the elastic as well. I have trooped for a full year in mine (14 troops). They're beautifully scuffed now, and the Angelus has held up amazingly. As stated by someone in an earlier post, scuffing will happen automatically with trooping, so unless you're going for Centurion immediately, have fun making battle scars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I'd found this thread before starting my own boots!

I had to learn the hard way about scoring the dye from the masking tape before peeling it off the soles fortunately the damage and recovery work was minimal.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Es9VmicMbCA

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Began the deglazing today.......taking a long time, did anybody experience a tacky residue on the boots while using it ?

Hoping that will get less the more scrubbing I do.

I had the same tacky feel on my Clifford James boots. It did go away after a while although I did use a whole bottle of deglazer on each boot. They came up alright in the end though!

I went over each boot this morning with a very very light grain sandpaper, it took a lot of the residue off the surface and a fair bit of the dye.

Had to be sure to avoid the stitching though as I don't want them falling apart before I get my armour built.

Just curious, what did you use for whitening them ?

• 2 weeks later...

I went over each boot this morning with a very very light grain sandpaper, it took a lot of the residue off the surface and a fair bit of the dye.

Had to be sure to avoid the stitching though as I don't want them falling apart before I get my armour built.

Just curious, what did you use for whitening them ?

Angelus paint is highly recommendable..