Real sterling, conversion to E11

hairball

Nice job Ronny :duim: , will you make the scope rail yourself?

I have made the scope rail myself, i was in 1 mm thick Alu. But i decided to use 2 mm and do not have the tools to cut a one-pice with hengsler bracket so i ordered one from Evilboy :-D

The bottom one is EvilBoys scoperail, i prefer that one. Will modify it so it fits and paint it black.

KZNdiww.jpg

will be using this spay paint(really love this black, used it on my MSE):

2348888_orig.jpg

Edited by hairball

Coming along very nicely ronny, I made an aluminum rail for mine but found it too soft even in 2 or 3mm so I made a steel one, steel is so much stronger, Evilboys rails look great!!.

I got my deac sterling from the UK also, are the alan key bolts on the muzzle welded?, mine are and It kind of bugs me, not sure how to go about grinding them off though, they are tricky to get too, I'm wondering if grinding part of the head off would allow them to be unscrewed and new ones put in, suppose it depends on how deep the weld goes.

Yes, they are welded to on mine. I was also thinking about removing them, but welds are tough. You need proper tools. But if you remove them you are using illegal deactivated weapon. I'm keeping mine welds so I can troop with it. Also having the papers with me.

Yeah they look like they would be trouble to remove alright and I don't want it to be an illegal deac as I had to jump though so many loops to get all the paperwork to get it in the first place.

I would also like to troop with mine sometime in the future.

The Emerald Garrison organize troops here in Ireland and I mentioned about trooping with a deac once in a forum once and a few members reckoned I wouldn't be allowed by the guards (police) or they would give me trouble, but I can't see why not really if I had all my paperwork and documents with me, I went to a military show recently and they had deacts and functioning weapons, the law on deacts are a bit of a grey area here in Ireland though, I have to keep mine in a gun safe which is odd as its not really a weapon, the way mine has been  deactivated it would be virtually impossible to reactivate.

//offtopic

In Norway if a gun is deactivated it is classified as a piece on metal(scrap). But when tropping with this sterling, I'll will always see what kind of troop it is, indoor/outdoor/general public /convention /large, small troop and so on.

Edited by hairball

I lost out on a m19 scope a few years ago on the american ebay, didn't really know how rare they were at the time and it went quite cheap, dam I wish I had put a higher bid in at the time.

Are they Andy's cylinders or you make them yourself?

• 3 weeks later...

need some help on the details for this gun, anyone got some better ref pictures. Had that little iron sigh ontop the M19 been confirmed as a t-track? Alignment  on scope and hengsler? The bracket some to be curved and not in a straight line.

Seem liike there is some red wires and some webbed sleeving going from hegsler to power cylinder. 

9ZwLg35.jpg

qnHZboF.jpg

HkKCQZ8.jpg

We know that all the scopes weren't real ones on the film and i've always thought that scopes with extra material at the top were in fact resin ones. This extra material being in fact resin residue from the pouring spout used in the molds.

And when you look at the scope lens from the scene just before (it seems to be the same trooper) it looks like it is flat black to me, even though this is kind of hard to tell.

15047062275_33df29723e_b.jpg

About the piece of wire from the hengstler to the power cylinders, check out PlayfulWolfCub's work. He talks about it in one of his .pdf linked in his signature:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/17306-e-11-power-cylinders-research-thread-renamed-from-3-central-fuses/

Edited by The5thHorseman

Some more ref pictures, seem there are some copper on this scope, if you look at the scratches. maybe they the made resin ones and painted them copper with black finish. If the some of the M19 is resin cast they should be similar in shape.

Original%20Trilogy%20-%20Characters%2022

Edited by hairball

Looking at the image in full size, the "scratches" on the scope has the same colour as the scratches on the receiver of the gun, which I'm confident is glue residue from the hengstler, that was glued on but has fallen off. So the scope could very well be resin.