BIG news from ANOVOS! Han, Luke, Vader, Troopers, Clones.. THOUGHTS?

Just got home from C2E2.  The ANOVOS costumes didn't look generic at all, in fact, I was very impressed.  The prices weren't generic either...  All SW related merchandise was "MSRP Pending".  Their other soft costumes look DEAD-ON accurate in color, texture and hardware.  Someone obviously did their homework.  Example of prices?  Men's Premier Line Next Generation Full Uniform - $1000.  Admiral Kirk Premier Line Wrath of Khan Uniform - $2400.  Men's Premier Line TOS Shirt - $325.  You get what you pay for?

jvy3M0s.jpg

J2czzg4.jpg

iEnAe18.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Quote from Gotmaul over at the RPF

"The amor pieces displayed at C2E2 are concept pieces to stir conversation and show general direction. They are not our manufacturing prototypes."

That's general direction?  :huh: Those pieces look ready to go at least in my eyes.

So, they're not going to look like that when they hit the market? Dunno what to make of this

Does any one else think the clone trooper arm gauntlets look wrong like too big?

Bradford

I agree, although I imagine that can be fixed by the buyer. I wouldn't expect a manufactured costume to fit everyone without fuss.

The suits were borrowed from people to show their general direction. Their finals.. we shall see. Looking forward to seeing what they put out.

• 11 months later...

Seems like a big leap to me based on a "general direction" even at the prices listed. 

Price might be low now but it goes up after Celebration and then again after May 16.

I am probably just too cynical but when something sounds too good to be true....

Tiered Pricing

CELEBRATION TIER - Ends May 4, 2015

Pre-orders taken prior to 11:59 PM CT on May 4, 2015 are pre-ordered at:
• Completed Ensemble: $1,200.00 USD. That's a savings of nearly 25% off the Initial Public Offering price!
• Kit with Completed Helmet: $350.00 USD. That's a savings of nearly 45% off the Initial Public Offering price!

Initial Public Offering Price - Ends May 16, 2015
After the CELEBRATION TIER concludes:
• Complete Ensemble: Pre-order becomes priced at $1,600.00 USD for the duration of the Initial Public Offering, which ends on May 16, 2015. Pricing after end of Initial Public Offering subject to change, including higher MSRP.
• Kit with Completed Helmet: Pre-order becomes priced at $650.00 USD for the duration of the Initial Public Offering, which ends on May 16, 2015. Pricing after end of Initial Public Offering subject to change, including higher MSRP.

The clone looks nice, but i have no clue about the costume to tell if it just looks OK or as it should be.

The clone is ok... the gauntlets look a bit big, which I think highlights the problem that will be inherent to any sort of 'finished' clone costume they sell.  Since the clone armor is made from seamless pieces, the only way it could work is to make the armor baggy enough to fit a wide-array of customers.  I'm guessing the default legs will look a bit like Bermuda shorts.  Making a clone costume fit like it does on screen requires some careful planning and lots of Bondo and sanding.

I'm curious about how they'll do the chest though.  If the clone is sold as a kit, like the TK will be, it could still be fitted properly, but most of the kits I've seen have a chestplate that is just too narrow.  That's caused by the limited size of the plat those pieces are vac-formed upon, but if these are being done on big industrial machines, they could cast something wider.