BIG news from ANOVOS! Han, Luke, Vader, Troopers, Clones.. THOUGHTS?

Announced today.  Looks like ANOVOS will be releasing Bespin Luke and Han costumes, and eventually Vader, Stormtrooper, Jango, and Clone armor!  Anovos does make some nice looking Trek and BSG stuff that looks pretty accurate and good quality.. but so far, only soft costumes.  Looks like they're diving into the armor world... Whats everyones thoughts on this news!  

http://www.cnet.com/news/channel-han-luke-and-darth-vader-with-star-wars-costume-replicas-from-anovos/

www.ANOVOS.com

Edited by RainTrooper

Sounds like it could be an option for those who don't feel comfortable building their own costume, and still want to be part of a club. I can imagine some work will still need to be put into their costumes to get them to fit your own body, though.

I'd be interested in a fully prepped Jango costume, as long as it fits and looks right. I hope they know their work will be highly scrutinized. 

Edited by SolidScrafty

I'd be interested in a fully prepped Jango costume, as long as it fits and looks right. I hope they know their work will be highly scrutinized. 

I thought the same thing about a Jango costume!  Although, I'm scared to see what the price is going to be.  

Pic from the 501st facebook page..  at C2E2.  
sRRsZUs.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I'm wondering about a few things regarding the Stormtrooper armor for example:

- what will be the difference in accuracy, materials and other features/options compared to the TK armor released by eFX
- what will be the price compared to eFX Stormie armor (and, why not, other suits of armor)
- how long it will take for Anovos to release their stuff
- what will be this "Vader garb" in the end

Pic of the Vader prototype at C2E2 .  From RPF facebook.   
A5tmiJm.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

I'm personnaly wondering on what sources are they working from? LFL access?

I would assume so, since they are officially licensed... ?  Also based on this statement.

"Our new 'Star Wars' collection goes way beyond simple costumes," Anovos CEO Joe Salcedo said in a press release. "They're based on the original costume designs and patterns used in the production of these classic movies."

It remind me Museum Replica and the "beautiful" stormtrooper armor never released.... but some interesting pics of the molding process of the original armor at the LFL archives.

Wait and see.

From what i've understood, ANOVOS picked up the licenses from Museum Replica last year.

Wait and see as you say, but this Luke's Bespin suit looks really beautiful. It's one of the rare Rebel costume i'd like to have.

Lol I'd also have to slouch or shrink to be screen accurate :) Greg could pull it off although I've never seen an Asian luke ;) lol I love you Greg

Oh geez... My mother told me i could be anything i wanted and ill i've ever wanted to be wanted to be was a good loyal trooper so 😜 mission accomplished

Oh geez... My mother told me i could be anything i wanted and ill i've ever wanted to be wanted to be was a good loyal trooper so 😜 mission accomplished

Lmao all love brother

If i look at the pic's i can't see something special.Neither the Luke outfit and less the Vader stuff.

The clone looks nice, but i have no clue about the costume to tell if it just looks OK or as it should be.

Heading over to C2E2 to check out these costumes in person.  I'm loving the Bespin Luke outfit...curious to see if they have pricing yet...  I'll try to grab more pictures!

Awesome! Thanks Aaron!  Anovos just posted a pic with a profile view of their Jango Fett to their Instagram.  Looks pretty damn good!  I’d love to see a close-up of that one!  It looks like they might be keeping the prices under wraps during C2E2..  signs say “retail price - TBDâ€.  But we’ll find out next weekend when pre-orders start.. 

Jango is out!  Wow.  Looks amazing!  But, considering their Star Trek TWOK Admiral Kirk Uniform is a little over $2,000 (for an all fabric costume)... I can’t imagine what that Jango is going to cost!!  ..With all that leather work, armor, and helmet.. AND the blasters!  Eagerly awaiting pics of their TK!! 
    :popcorn:  

UoIJwVu.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13