CAP Ebay Armor Set,

Stormy1992

CAP, ATA, and MTK are essentially the same molds. At 5'11", you are thin and will have a lot of room within the parts once constructed. The only disadvantage to the CAP armor is that you will need to paint it unless you plan on doing a Sandtrooper

No problems concerning size, but keep in mind that cap armor is HIPS plastic and needs to be painted. If that is fine for you then this will be great armor for you.

Location is Bakersfield so I assume that is Scootch. The armor looks good. I'm not a fan of HIPS.

I recently bought a Snowtrooper kit from Scootch. I strongly recommend a thorough washing with soap and water to remove all residue before you paint anything. Even 3 coats of primer and 4-6 coats of gloss came off easily with paper tape. (This is not a fault of the armor, but a suggestion for the paint process). If polish is an option, and works, you might try that before painting.

there will be some mold release agent still on the plastic. Its just part of the pulling process. Make sure you wash each part before painting. I have a CAP armor set, I personally prefer HIPS over ABS but everyone has their own opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...

I live down the street from Scootch & have sevral of his kits or parts. I've never had a problem with any paint peeling or coming off. I lite sand all pieces then wash with dish soap. Primer about 3-4 coats with Walmart brand spray paint (.97 can) then use Walmart white spray paint (also .97 can) 3-4 coats & finish off with a wet sanding. I prefer a dull/mate finish so I leave as is. But a coat of liquid car wax will make this armor shine better than any ABS.

Big plus there's no 18mo wait time. Scooth has stuff on had at all times. If you need a replacement part he can ship that day or next. I had a guy who needed a TK. Scooth didn't have on hand but pulled an entire TK set that afternoon & was ready to ship out the next day. :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

I recieved his armor set and am HIGHLY happy with it! its coming along very nicely! i have just sanded down the pieces and but a single layer of clear coat over it. :) 

I recieved his armor set and am HIGHLY happy with it! its coming along very nicely! i have just sanded down the pieces and but a single layer of clear coat over it. :)

I have not seen this approach, most paint the armor first, after assembly of course.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me if this is legitimate and decent armor. I heard Cap armor is prtty good. And yes i am newbie and unable to make my own armor at least the molding and forming of it part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAP-TK-Stormtrooper-Armor-/321468677599?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad906bddf

Thanks for anyhelp I can get.