>.< Lesson learned: Left mic sys at event...

SmilesLikeJoker

I can't believe I did what I did today.  Aker, ICOMM, and other tidbits gone.  I had started getting into costume and had pulled several items out of my tote.  I was asked to leave and go change in the restroom instead.  I left my plastic container with all my goodies sitting there >.<  I really didn't think much of it while suiting up.  I thought I just left it at the house.  Nope...

Well... This is a rather expensive lesson to learn.  Triple check everything anytime you pull something out of your tote and/or putting something in.

What's one of those 'lesson learned' some of you have experienced?  I pretty sure theft is someone a common item.  I'd like to hear. 

Thanks!

Patrick

Oh that sucks, we normally do a walk around change rooms just to make sure nobody leaves anything, hopefully a fellow member may have it, fingers crossed

Yeah man, thats rough, sorry to hear that!

I would def ask around if someone else picked it up for safe keeping, and ask the event organizers/ build custodians if they have it.

I received an email from someone that was coordinating the whole event (I was just there with a booth).  They have my stuff at their office.  :)

I wasn't trooping alone.  I had a handler with me.  It was his first time doing it though, and we were more or less getting 'the boot' out that room.  It was myself and a member of the Mando Mercs doing the event.  Very very few active here in Anchorage (been working on getting recruits hard).  Fairbanks is a totally different story though lol.

Soooo.... No one has done anything like this?  No horror stories?

I think it happens to most of us at one point or another. I had a Parking lot change and wasn't until a few days later that I couldn't find my neck seal or my thigh garter. Luckily I had a second neck seal that was a tad too big so I sewed some Velcro to make it more snug and I added snap plates to the ab plate and made some straps to the thighs.

Sorry about the scare, but I'm glad you got your stuff back.

Last year at a baseball game, one of our guys had his TK helmet stolen right out of our changing room.  Thankfully, the sports team stepped up and reimbursed him for the cost of the helmet.

Sorry about the scare, but I'm glad you got your stuff back.

Last year at a baseball game, one of our guys had his TK helmet stolen right out of our changing room.  Thankfully, the sports team stepped up and reimbursed him for the cost of the helmet.

Ditto...  Glad to hear that you got your electronics back.  That would suck to have lost it.

TK Helmet stolen from the changing room?!?!?  Yikes.  Kudos to the team for reimbursing it, but ouch..  That could take forever to replace/rebuild, depending on who the maker was and what electronics may have been in it.

Always be alert and aware! Never trust anyone! (Says the most trusting idiot ever)

At some really big cons, 501st/RL negotiates a large room for changing. (Nobody else, just us!) It is supposed to be locked and you have to find the POC to get the key.

Most times it is entirely unlocked, unguarded, vulnerable!

I haven't heard of any theft going on (yet) but it's scary - people leave purses, cameras, multiple costumes... totally unprotected.