TK-5906 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [MTK][372]

Hi!  I’d like to request EIB status for my ANH Stormtrooper Stunt.  Thank you very much for your consideration!  …TK-5906

Armor = MTK

Helmet= MTK

Blaster= Hyperfirm 

Height = 5 feet, 8 inches

Weight = 123 pounds

Boots = TK Boots

Canvas belt = Trooperbay

Hand Plates = MTK

Neck Seal = Darman

Holster = Darman

Photos:

TK5906Front_zpse442ec8c.jpg

TK5906Back_zpscf19e159.jpg

TK5906LtSide_zps2c6df614.jpg

TK5906RtSide_zpsf8c022b3.jpg

TK5906RightDetail_zps4ef3b6d5.jpg

TK5906LeftDetail_zpsc027b141.jpg

TK5906AbDetail_zpsdffd335a.jpg

TK5906Action_zps1c26dd4b.jpg

TK5906Butt_zps1f5e6727.jpg

TK5906Strapping_zpscbf34720.jpg

TK5906Helmet_zps157a2d34.jpg

TK5906HelmetLeft_zps5e4d6844.jpg

TK5906HelmetRight_zps66469a97.jpg

TK5906HelmetBack_zps7ecc5eaf.jpg

TK5906Hovi_zps40c638ab.jpg

TK5906GreenLens_zps35c7e73e.jpg

TK5906E11Left_zps73ff1606.jpg

TK5906E11Right_zps9c8d0b16.jpg

TK5906E11D-Ring_zps3a12cad2.jpg

TK5906NeckSeal_zps1493a6eb.jpg

TK5906TD_zpsee5583b8.jpg

TK5906Holster_zpsf8d04f44.jpg

TK5906KneePlate_zps71b910b7.jpg

TK5906Mug_zpsf841643d.jpg

:dancing-trooper:

Looks great! Your armor is very well put together. I do have one question though, what is happening with the kidney piece in the full body right side shot? It looks a little wonky there but it looks fine in the other photos. Again very good job. It's great to see some more ladies in armor. Now if I can only convince my wife...

Looks fantastic, good luck!

I can't help but look at the action shot and think in my head King Julian saying, "I'm a lady, I'm a lady! Which of you is attracted to me?!"

Looks great, nice build.  Fun action shot.

Am I correct that the number of black rank stripes on the ears is not specified for EIB, and so it is OK to have the back 2 painted black as they are here, but if she wants to go for Centurion only the one stripe can be painted?

Looks great, best action shot yet!

just curious Are the drop boxes a little thin?

Also are the clips on the TD too close to the end caps?  (probably more for Centurion)

Drop boxes are fine, as the TD clips.

Pics taken from the reference pictures:

med_gallery_12157_59_65795.jpg

sml_gallery_12157_59_19594.jpg

Would be good to put some white paint on those side rivets though.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Hey Jen: Thank you for your application for EIB! The MTK armor is REALLY growing on me lately. The changes MTK has made (new Therm Det, new rivet covers, no cover strip ridges on biceps, no cover strip ridges on thigh backs, has gone a long way to improving the accuracy. Kudos to your build! Fantastic! Let's look at your armor!!!

CRL Requirements:

All required submission photos are present. Yes...your "action" shot is priceless. :laugh1:

Your application and armor meet all requirements for EIB. This was an easy pass. Congratulations and welcome to EIB!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

There are a couple of things that can be done to hone the overall look of your armor. None of the following items will affect any application results.

First is regarding your blaster. Hyperfirm has always been a little enthusiastic regarding the weathering on their blasters especially on the scope. There has never been a scope that has showed that much gold. I would hit that with a little black to knock that down some. I was curious as to your decision to yellow the inside of the mic tips???

The next thing I wanted to bring up was the stripes on your helmet tubes. Trooperbay sets these on the decal sheet according to the side of the helmet they are to be applied to. You have them on backwards. You can tell this by looking at the stripes closest to the frown. The "Dave M" tube stripes are not in a perfect line. The bottom most ones are actually off set and angle away from the frown. Yours angle TOWARDS the frown. Since yours are decals, the fix is easy. Just lift the bottom two on either side and offset them to angle outward instead of inward. MVBRfHL.jpg?1Bobby's helmet in this picture shows this. His stripes were the same as yours and he did the correction. It is subtle but more correct for that set of decals.

A trooper had expressed a note regarding the thickness of your drop boxes. Some are thicker than others. Yours are not overly thin. The final point is a mention regarding your side rivets. Painting them would improve the overall look of your armor though it is not required.

Centurion Suggestions:

​You have definitely gone beyond EIB in your build. It would surprise me if you didn't apply for Centurion because many of the aspects of your build follow Centurion requirements. There are, however, a few things that will need to be updated should you go down that path.

Chris had mentioned about only one ear bar being painted for Centurion and he would be correct. You will need to change out your gloves and handguards to rubber, your drop boxes need to have backs boxes inserted (maybe they already do, I can;t tell) and your forearms need to have ALL the return edge trimmed out of the wrist opening.

Congratulations again!!!! Well done!

Thank you for all for your comments, suggestions and encouragement!  It is greatly appreciated.  I will be making the appropriate adjustments and plan to submit for Centurion in the near future.    ;)

Steve - Thank you for your review of my armor and for approving my EIB status!  Yea!   :D  I'd like to address some of your comments/questions:  I did not use the "Mike" tips that came in my MTK kit....I used the mic tips from Trooperbay that, at the time, were supposedly more accurate.  In person, they actually look off-white...the color is really vivid in the picture making them look yellow.  I will look into fixing my tube strips (thanks for the reference shot).  I will be making the alterations necessary to pass for Centurion, so I'll remove one of the ear bars on each side of my helmet and my rubber gloves and hand guards are on order.  My drop boxes already have backs.  I have no return edge on the inside of my forearms at the wrist, but I do have a slight return edge on the outside of my forearms at the wrist.  The CRL reads, "No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed", but is it more accurate to have ALL the return edge trimmed out of the wrist opening?   

Again, thank you everyone!  

Hey Jen: When the CRL refers to "front" it means the wrist side of the forearm. There is considered to be a wrist side and an elbow side. The wrist side needs to be clear of ALL return edge even up into the ridge that the cover strip sits on. Here is the pic of your forearm:TK5906RightDetail_zps4ef3b6d5.jpgYou can see the ample return edge above your handguard. Below is a great example of "no return edge".DSC_3667_zps7196273a.jpgThanks again. Any other questions, Don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help you look your best. I can;t wait to see your Centurion application!!

Hey Jen: When the CRL refers to "front" it means the wrist side of the forearm. There is considered to be a wrist side and an elbow side. The wrist side needs to be clear of ALL return edge even up into the ridge that the cover strip sits on.

Hi Steve - Got it!  Thank you for the clarification...that makes sense.  Looks like I have a little trimming to do.  I really appreciate your help!

Congrats, Jenn!!!  You look fabulous in your armor.  Welcome to the EIB ranks…  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Hey everyone...it's my brother!  He's the artist behind my build.  Thank  you, Brian, for all your hard work.  I wouldn't be here without you!    :icon_bow:

I just love the support and good wishes from you all!  Thank you so much.  I am honored to be a member of EIB and will wear my armor proudly!

(And by the way, we took a bunch of action shots, and that one was my favorite!)   ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...