NE armor

I found this info:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/page-24

AM was the successor to FX.  Now it's NE, though they are not listed as a seller because of the unsavory origins of the kit.

No, that is not why NE isn't on the list.

NE is not on our list, and will not be on our list of recommended vendors because it is an unapproved recast (from the perspective of the makers of the original armour). IE, that is the bad kind of recast.

It is however (like many other recasts, good or bad) 501st approved as long as it is assembled properly and fits its wearer. But we at FISD cannot recommend it because of its origins.

I haven't been on the forums here much since I finished my kit, so I missed the discussion about this. 

So I'll ask the question.... if there a decent, non-recast and approveable kit for larger guys? Anyone making legitimate Am/FX sized kits? (obviousoly use a non FX bucket...)

Edited by Obey Wann

It was a little bit difficult for me.

Based on wanting to have a good-looking armor when assembled, and not break the bank completely.

I'm just tall enough (6'2") that constantly reading "the kit will work well for anyone up to about 6' tall" made me quite paranoid about black space showing. I suppose that it comes down to what feels right for you and meets all of your criteria.

I have a set of NE armor.  It does have a lot of extra for a larger person, but I look at it as it can be customized to fit.  I'm 5' 10" and 175 lbs, and I've been able to cut-to-fit NE armor.  There are several other threads around the forums with NE builds that are either complete or in the process of completion.  I'm in the process of building mine.

I'm 6' 2" 210lbs and the NE armor fits me really well.  I had to do very little modification to make it fit me. I'm honestly torn though.  The casting itself is beautiful. The ABS is bright white, the detailing is very crisp and sharp. The ABS is thick and strong.  However, I don't like the three piece design of the helmet at all and the fact that it turns out to be a recast is very disappointing.  The recast story came out after I had purchased mine and I would not have bought it had I known it was a recast set.  I intentionally only looked into sellers who did not recast, so the fact this was kept hidden from me is very frustrating. I would not in all good conscience buy a recast.  

The maker also promised me replacement ears as the ones included were too small.  After six months of empty promises and no ears, I gave up. Personally, there were more negative experiences than positive.

Edited by Azcraig