Back of Thigh

I am trying to assemble my Cal (Faraway Creations) armor.

I'm not ready to glue things together just get so I've done the following to get me by in the meantime:

Since I need more room at the top of the thigh piece than at the bottom, I've installed an inner shim using velcro to attach the two sides, but of course that leaves a to level look that I just don't like.  so I've taken a smaller piece cut it into a V shape and put it in the space making it appear more flush, but of course with a seam that I can't do anything about.

Here are a few pictures.-------------

I'm still playing with the design, not really happy and looking for suggestions.

I think my ultimate goal will be to glue the thigh pieces into a solid mass, with an internal only butt joint to the outside, but that leaves me with a question, doe EIB status require an external butt joint on the back to mirror the front?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I am trying to assemble my Cal (Faraway Creations) armor.

I'm not ready to glue things together just get so I've done the following to get me by in the meantime:

Since I need more room at the top of the thigh piece than at the bottom, I've installed an inner shim using velcro to attach the two sides, but of course that leaves a to level look that I just don't like.  so I've taken a smaller piece cut it into a V shape and put it in the space making it appear more flush, but of course with a seam that I can't do anything about.

Here are a few pictures.

I'm still playing with the design, not really happy and looking for suggestions.

I think my ultimate goal will be to glue the thigh pieces into a solid mass, with an internal only butt joint to the outside, but that leaves me with a question, doe EIB status require an external butt joint on the back to mirror the front?

From the CRLs, EIB does not have a butt join requirement.  Centurion does.

Edited by maxsteele

Hey James, I have never heard of this armor, but the best thing to do would be something like this,

34bDIEh.jpg

or you could make the coverstrip rectangular. Since you need much more room than the normal size coverstrip, the wedge shape maybe the best option and it will slightly taper the thighs. No velcro please! 

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021