Whats in your bucket?

• 2 months later...

I'll be doing Trooperbay's idea with headstrap. Purchasing a cheap hard hat and dremel out the clips that hold the strapping/headstrap and hot glue them inside the dome. But I like the idea of your glasses/lens. I may try affixing them to the actual back of the eyelets, but I'm not too sure now, because as you get older, so does your prescription. Maybe I'll keep the lens in the frames and remove the pieces that go to your ears and just duct tape them (white). The thought of going to my local Harley Davidson and checking out helmets, to see what kind of cushion to use is a thought

Edited by aliens8us

Nice to see this thread. I was just talking about audio, fan and speaker set-ups yesterday with two other folks in my garrison so this is very timely. We were all discussing how nice it would be to have everything (all the audio) fit into the helmet so you wouldn't have to deal with wires down into the chest. I suppose the downside is the additional weight and making it all fit? Just wondering why this set- up isn't more common.

Nice to see this thread. I was just talking about audio, fan and speaker set-ups yesterday with two other folks in my garrison so this is very timely. We were all discussing how nice it would be to have everything (all the audio) fit into the helmet so you wouldn't have to deal with wires down into the chest. I suppose the downside is the additional weight and making it all fit? Just wondering why this set- up isn't more common.

In my case, I had the wireless pack in my bucket, but, it was just to tigh, to the point it was hurting me. But, the wire coming out of my bucket is really a pain. I have to suffer for having a big nose loll.

The onlu good thing about the FX bucket is you have enough space to put all that in it plus a sandwich if you get hungry.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha. Love it. The sandwich is a good idea. I don't know what it is about trooping, but I'm always starving halfway through the troop.

With regards to space, I have the opposite problem in my bucket. I bounce around like a pinball in there. Still trying to work out the ideal padding to get it to fit right. Just got some new pads and will try them this week. See if it keeps me from sloshing around in that cave of a bucket.

Wow, I should have someone pimp out my helmet interiors.  All I really have is some mesh on the frown and that's it.  Very sparse...

It can certainly be done.  My garrison mate did that on his old TE2 - speakers behind the aerators and everything.  I think it's not common as it's hard to get the wiring in there as well (his wife did that part, smaller hands).  That, and getting the balance just right.  2 fans, RomFx, speakers, mike.  If you really want to go all out, you'll have the earpiece that can hook to your blue tooth device, so you can talk too.  I've even heard of some people putting an FRS in their chest or back so they can chat with others, though I think containing it in your O2 cylinder may make more sense.

Here is my set up. Hollow cast hovis w/ speakers in them, have a plug w/ machined screw and additional hole to run wires.Packed cotton behind speakers. Additional hole needs to be drilled in bucket to feed wires thru. My amp is in the back. Battery boxes for fan and audio fit above hovis. Fan draws air from frown and mic sits below frown. All wiring runs around inner tube of bucket inside of cord tubing. I have a rocker switch on both sides to turn on both or one or the other. The amp helps balance the bucket. It is really not that complicated, but as Daetrin said can be tricky installing due to work space. It also makes it hard to take pictures of set-up

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4391.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

• Like 2

1507471_10202283860715908_1979225157_o_z

After my armor build, I decided to pack a bunch of stuff into mine to make it a bit different. Very comfortable. What do you folks do with yours?

Hi Chiassontimothy,

Can you tell me where you are bought the padding that you used in your helmet?

I liked it and I am looking for one similar... Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Those look to be MICH helmet pads. If they are, the system is modular using velcro backing. I'm leaning towards this when I get going on my bucket.  There are several options out there, but here's one:

http://www.amazon.com/Aftermarket-Upgrade-Pads-Helmet-Velcro/dp/B00A4TNQ8A

• 9 months later...

Can I ask how you got the glasses in there.  What you used for the frames (Old Frames ?) and how they are mounted.    ALL MY LIFE my glasses have been a PAIN for me in more ways than one, and now, after so long without caring anymore, they are haunting me again...

Thank You,

Dan

1507471_10202283860715908_1979225157_o_z

After my armor build, I decided to pack a bunch of stuff into mine to make it a bit different. Very comfortable. What do you folks do with yours?

• 1 month later...

Sorry folks that I have been away for just a little while. Loads of work keeping me busy and building multiple charity helmets. Yes, those are MICH pads. great to use as they can be pulled out and washed and tossed in the dryer after a troop. I have sinse updated my helmet with two internal fans, hidden lights that when turned on, I can see at night (People who are up close) and over all, made it look very clean. I will post a picture as soon as I can. along with several charity helmets so you can see the insides of them for ideas. Looking at the pictures posted here, great ideas and love those external mic speakers. Everything in my helmet is internal. My speaker system however, I kind of blew the speaker so i am using the external box for the moment. Have a great day everyone and troop away!!!!!

Sorry, just saw the last question. Dan, those glasses are actually promask (Gasmask) inserts. You can have them made at any eyeglass center. or take an old set of glasses you may have, remove the side arms that wrap over your ears and insert them in the helmet. I have not had any problems using them, they do not fog up and I have them nounted with velcro tape so I can remove them if needed. I hope that helps sir.

Timothy

Edited by Chiassontimothy
  • Like 1

Seriously great helmet. I'll be taking notes on this so I can add some of the stuff you did. I already purchased my fans, painted the inside black, and am adding a nice removable mounting system for my lenses. I'll come back here when I need ideas for padding! Thanks for the post. 

Anytime sir. You have a great day and please stop by again. Iits great to see what folks have done.

https://www.facebook.com/timothy.chiasson.9#!/photo.php?fbid=10152249002383850&set=t.1172731317&type=3&theater

Here is a picture of the side lights for my TK bucket. When they are turned off, you would not even know they are there.

Here is the link to a picture of my modified Thermal Detenator

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152249002383850&set=t.1172731317&type=3&theater#!/photo.php?fbid=10205549539595839&set=gm.1587372628193676&type=1&theater

My last charity build helmet

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152249002383850&set=t.1172731317&type=3&theater#!/photo.php?fbid=10205549539075826&set=gm.1587372628193676&type=1&theater

Have a great day everyone

V/R

Tim

Edited by Chiassontimothy