Concept Armor Designation on 501st.com MQ or TK?

TMacken

I thought that the designation for the Concept stormtrooper was supposed to be MQ, but on 501st.com it still shows up as TK. Am I mistaken in this thinking, or did I just read the November FISD newsletter wrong? 

It's an ongoing discussion but until they have their own detachment and are more characters it's classified as a TK.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's an ongoing discussion but until they have their own detachment and are more characters it's classified as a TK.

Thanks for letting me know. I was checking, because I will be using this for my 501st trading card in upcoming series 10, and wanted to clear up whether it should have the TK or MQ designation. 

Of course we at FISD are very proud to house the concept troopers. I met Kevin and the first other concept troopers at CE2 and I love having them as part of the detachment but I was also one of the proponents of making the designation MQ.

Now I'm confused.  I thought it was settled back in Nov 2013 that MQ was the designation for the Concepts but that it when remain on the FISD for now. I'm hopping that one day www.rmqconceptcrew.com can become the official detachment for all of McQuarries fine work.

July 19, 2013: LMOs Damian Jorgensen (TK-826) and Ken Seymour (TK-8995) officially open the "McQuarrie Concept" Stormtroopers as Legion-eligible costumes. They are assigned an "MQ" designation, and moved into the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment. Kevin Weir (TK-812) created the first sculpts, and UKG CO Gary Hailes is the first approved Concept Stormtrooper in the Legion as MQ-2739.

Here is the link...

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=914938#914938

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

I'm not 100% on the details either, but what I've said already is as how I've understood it. Meaning that until there is enough concept costumes, the trooper being so far the only one, is to remain a TK. But as I've already said, I hope that the concept breaks free and gets an MQ designation. But that is not up to FISD I'm afraid. Or what we have said so far has not had an impact yet.

Ya I have a feeling this might be one of those things that just takes some time. Once we have a bunch more Concept troopers, a few Concept Boba Fett, Darth Vader etc. Then we will see a huge growth and need for all this.

I'm not in a hurry it will all work out in due time. I'm sure once we see the new troopers from the new Star Wars movies, that I predict will look familiar to McQuarrie's designs, then we will have the MQ designations for sure. LOL

Kevin W.

Well hopefully with a more and more people working on this, it will get changed to MQ, I really like the thought of that designation.  I appreciate Locitus checking in on it, and maybe we'll here something official. I would love to have my 501st trading card have the MQ designation.  Thanks to everyone for weighing in on the subject. 

Travis

Last post in the thread about the McQuarrie stuff on the detachment leader forum was in September last year and didn't reach much of a conclusion.

• 1 month later...