DSCN5803.jpg

DSCN5802.jpg

DSCN5801.jpg

DSCN5800.jpg

DSCN5799.jpg

DSCN5798.jpg

DSCN5796.jpg

_A0A8523.jpg

I hope this is enough photos. I think i got everything off the checklist.

Let me know if you need anything else - or if i need to fix something.

Thanks!

I'm by far not the expert. (I just submitted myself.) The only things I notice are your thighs look a tad big. Could be more snug. And the sniper plate on you left greave needs to be lined up more with the lines on the shin. Also a gap at the top on the back of your left shin above the strip and did you use hooks for your biceps as I don't see the black elastic bands that are present on ANH Stunt TK's.Also sight rail missing on your blaster??  Small detail things......but overall looks great brother. Good luck!

Edited by Zixx

I'm by far not the expert. (I just submitted myself.) The only things I notice are your thighs look a tad big. Could be more snug. And the sniper plate on you left greave needs to be lined up more with the lines on the shin. Also a gap at the top on the back of your left shin above the strip and did you use hooks for your biceps as I don't see the black elastic bands that are present on ANH Stunt TK's.Also sight rail missing on your blaster??  Small detail things......but overall looks great brother. Good luck!

Well. Im big dude - and my thighs are so tight i can barely put them on. I know the cover strip in the back is huge - but that what i need to make it fit.

on the sniper plate - im not following on whats not lined up. Could you post a photo on how it should look? Do i need that for EIB?

I dont have hooks on my biceps - but i do have a black strap on the shoulder bell - just cant see it in the photo

Yea - no sight rail. Not in the CRL for EIB. I need to get a new blaster for centurion - so i wasnt going to worry about it. But i can add one if it will hold up EIB

Lined up like so. Where the lines on the sniper plate match the lines on the greave (shin) And yes it is required for EIB.

From CRL:

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.

image_zpsdfba718b.jpg

Edited by Zixx

Best of luck Dominick, I also just got my EIB.  Its cool to see us both at this point as a month ago we were still working on stuff at the amor party!  If theres anything I can do to help let me know!

Best of luck Dominick, I also just got my EIB.  Its cool to see us both at this point as a month ago we were still working on stuff at the amor party!  If theres anything I can do to help let me know!

Thanks James.

Your EIB post reminded me that I need to get my an impolite person in gear and do this EIB.

My sniper plate new glue is drying - and when thats all done. I post up the photo.

Changes are faster with the ABS - dont need to repaint ABS... :glare: 

Thanks James.

Your EIB post reminded me that I need to get my an impolite person in gear and do this EIB.

My sniper plate new glue is drying - and when thats all done. I post up the photo.

Changes are faster with the ABS - dont need to repaint ABS... :glare:

Haha yeah, no need to paint :P  Hopefully itll be all ready to go soon here, I must say that the new strapping looks much more secure than when I saw it the first time!  It looks good!

Too bad you cut the knee plate Incorrectly. It shouldn't have the lower 45 degree cut but a straight 90 degree.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Um................

So what does that mean? other than telling me i did it wrong.....Do i need a new one?

All of my armor was un-trimmed when i bought it. i was able to find some videos/threads on doing the trimming - but nothing when went through item by item on how to trim it and so i guessed on a few things (inculding this sniper plate). And have yet, up to this point, have someone correct me on it.

it was one of many little details that i never noticed when making it.

You don't need a new one but you did trim it from incorrect to incorrect. There's just no requirements to do it properly right now. Just have a look at our reference gallery in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ok. Fair enough. im still learning here.

Luckly - Scootch is super cool and lives near me. SO when i mess something up - i can get a new one from him. :)

Hey Dominick thank you for your application to the EIB program. Nice to see another beefy trooper. We are the muscle!!! Anyway, let's get to your armor.

CRL Requirements:

You are missing one photo of your right side close-up detail but I can make out the necessities form your "arm raised" pic. Other than that, your armor meets all the requirements for EIB. Congratulations!!!! Nice job on your build. I know it was a challenge.

Other-Armor Fit/ Assembly:

The cover strips on your thigh backs are enormous. Do they really need to be that big?? Although this won;t affect your EIB, they just may be a little too distracting for Centurion. Can the width be reduced at all if you plan on applying? Thank you for adjusting that sniper knee plate. Mathias mentioned about the lower portion being cut at an angle. Here is a picture of a top notch sniper plate for your reference.10906585.jpgI noticed your chest riding up a little over your ab plate. You might change out the elastic on your connecting straps with nylon. This will keep the two anchored together. Unless you need the movement. You also might want to look at the length of the straps connecting your holster to your belt. They should be about an inch. They look a bit short to me.

Centurion Suggestions:

If you plan on applying for Centurion, there are some issues that need addressing.

I mentioned before about the excessive width of your thigh strips in the back,

You will need a Sterling based blaster upgrade.

Rubber or rubberlike handplates on top of rubber chemical gloves

The power pack on the lower right thigh needs to be attached in the upper corner not in the center. 86225189.jpg

You will need a male snap in the upper right corner of your ab plate.

This one might need extra attention: your waist belt. Although you have trimmed the corners at an angle, you have trimmed a lot. Too much in my opinion. They are usually trimmed about 1/2 inch down and 1/2 inch in from the corners like this screen used belt:gallery_12157_59_162657.jpg

Lastly, If you mix up some ABS paste by combining ABS shavings with acetone, you can make a paste to fill in the seams on your side extensions for a much cleaner look.

Thank you for your application, congratulations and go make your Garrison proud!!!!! Troop on!!

Thanks guys.

the build was a bit of a challenge. The HIPS makes for alot of painting and re-painting.

When i go for centurion, i will make all the recommend changes - however about my thighs....(sigh) as i said - im kinda a big dude (235-240lbs) and with those cover strips my legs barely fit. I not sure what to do other than lose weight and get a little skinnier. The armor wasnt designed for someone my size. Do you have any suggestions for that? when i was buiiding it was made clear to me that the front strips need to be that size and i shouldnt alter them, and if i needed more room to add it in the back (which i did). I dont know if Scootches thighs are on the small size and thats why i needed such a big cover strip.

I would appreciate any input you guys have on the topic...

Dominick, nice work bro, as far as your cover strips, how about adding shims and spacers on top of the shims from ABS or HIPS filling gapswith bondo, sanding, painting, then adding the right size strips, alot of work, but then you can cross that off the Centurion check list...

See I told you I was kidding about busting your balls...

Congratulations man...

Dominick, nice work bro, as far as your cover strips, how about adding shims and spacers on top of the shims from ABS or HIPS filling gapswith bondo, sanding, painting, then adding the right size strips, alot of work, but then you can cross that off the Centurion check list...

See I told you I was kidding about busting your balls...

Congratulations man...

Not a bad idea.

I dont think that will get the desired look though. If im tracking with your idea - then you will still have a big wide flat thing on the back of the thighs - just with a skinny cover strip. Let me toy with the idea and get some more troops under my belt and see if i want to jump all the hoops for the centurion. 

In the mean time - im super stoked about the EIB. :smiley-sw013:

Edited by DizzleLA