[REQUEST] ANH Stunt Basic TK Submission Photos

Rostam, i will tell you i was turned down because this was a recast build. Make sure you know what you are buying so you will not make the same mistake i did. avoid ebay and purchace wisely. hit this link if you dont have armor already.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

I'm not sure your Garrison Membership Liaison should have turned you down because your armor is a "recast". I suggest asking him/her where in the Legion rules it says any such thing. I would also ask for an formal and official explanation for why you weren't approved if you haven't done so already. 

-Eric

Im not going to post the entire email, but quote:

"We are going to have to reject this costume for 501st approval.

I spent a good deal of time with the Detachment Leader discussing your application.
As I told you, there were some items on your armor that are just a little 'off'. 
Most of these issues come from the fact that you have a 'recast' kit.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't judging your suit too harshly, but the Detachment Leader was 100% against approving this, as were some other GML's who I showed the pics to. 
Whenever I reject an applicant, I always make sure to get a 2nd and 3rd opinion, in case I'm wrong.

It is no single issue, but a bunch of small ones, all arising from the quality of the recast.
The guy who made this for you likely bought a legit kit, and then copied the molds.
We frown on that b/c it results in poor quality armor and is essentially theft of someone's hard work.
It also makes you, the buyer, a victim of buying bad TK armor."

Now you are actually putting words in my mouth. I said it's up to you to decide and that similar FX's have been approved before. Not that I agree with those decisions but you are making it out as if I told you what to do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ah. Sorry about that, Stormy.

Didn't notice on the phone. But what I told the GML was not what was presented as me saying.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Guys!

I'm not here to offend anyone, im just trying to get as many angles as i can on this to TRY to make it in here, simply quoting the email so people could get a better understanding of my situation.. im slightly confused to what is going on to be honest. Mathias, did you review my armor set through the application?

also: its up for me to decide what?

If i could be told the problem areas, maybe i could work on getting them fixed..

feel free to PM me.. 

-Kyle

Sorry Kyle, I didn't mean to lash out on you. I wasn't reading carefully enough when I replied last. I was on my way home, and now I have arrived and can reply properly. You haven't offended anyone.

I was asked to take a look at it, because your GML wasn't sure about it. I told him that it was his call to make, and that FX suits of similar quality have been approved in the past. But I also said that I don't agree with those decisions. That last part was me as a person, not as the DL. I also don't think that just because a suit is of a design which has been approved in the past, that it should be automatically approved in the now. But I tried to make it clear that it's your GML's call to make, regardless of what I think, because I am somewhat of a hardliner.

I do feel that you have reached the limits to where your suit can carry you, and that it isn't far enough. But I also did see your previous submission photos and that improvements were made. What I don't understand is the helmet replacement as it seems to me that the current helmet is a downgrade from the MRCE/eFX you appeared to have before (at least judging by your close ups). The suit you have, at least paired with the helmet you wear now lends me to believe your kit is a recast of jedirobe (aka stormtroopershop), which in itself is a recast of FX and SDS, who even in their original form are pretty bad.

If I could comfort you in any way, I would say that your progress on this suit has in a clearly improved your skills in the craft, and that if you were to get a better kit I feel you could build that in no time and to much greater results.

Mathias, 

When i purchased this suit, it came with the helmet that was submitted with the most recent photos. I figured also that the EFX was more appropriate (the first round), but didnt care for the look and it seemed to be a bit big with the build of my body. I tore the helmet apart and rebuilt it with the proper materials (screws, brow, decals, lenses etc) So with the improvements of the armor i figured the bucket rebuild would be better off anyway. So i got rid of my EFX and bought an ICOMM. 

I would rather not go to the extent of selling and buying another suit, however after building one, i could put another together no problem and wouldnt mind the work/craft of another build. But i am only 22 in college; needing to pay for school soon, and dont have the cash to throw around.. I was told to buy a set of ATA.. emailed the man and he said 520 bucks.. which if i can sell this set to someone i could have the budget for another set. so its not out of the question.. (do you know aside from ataworks anyone who has a set?) (6-7 month wait currently)

I do know there is two Indiana garrisons. I havent applied to the northern darkness, but im sure my photos have floated over to him also. I shot him an email though..

but really i want to know with this set, is it of any hope that i can get it in with the Legion? make some more improvements? i just dont know where they would be, i was only told some things were a little 'Off' i feel ive been more than dedicated. haha :P 

Mathias, I apologize that our conversation is being drug into the public forum out of context.

The comment posted about what Mathias said is out of context and is my interpretation of what we discussed, not a direct quote of him.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

I've seen this build in person and was not sure about it.

Like a good GML, I consulted the DL and requested a consult.

He and I agreed this armor had a lot of issues.

Ultimately, it's up the the GML, and that's the way Mathias and I left it.

I am also a bit of a hardliner, which is why I double check with a DL when in doubt.

I made the call, and I stand behind it.

Kyle, I've provided you with some positive advice on how to move forward.

I agree with Mathias that you've taken this armor as far as you can, but it's just not up to snuff.

I do know there is two Indiana garrisons. I havent applied to the northern darkness, but im sure my photos have floated over to him also. I shot him an email though..

Kyle,

Unless you live in the upper 22 counties of Indiana, you cannot apply to Northern Darkness.  You are in Bloodfin territory (Carmel, IN).

Northern Darkness does not have any jurisdiction on this.

Apologies to you too Brian. As usual, there are two sides two each story, and I made the mistake of speaking before both were heard.