Cutting cover strips at an angle?

Superkav

I was under the impression that cover strips were straight edged with the corners rounded but always essentially at a right angle. Now I've spotted this in the photo reference section. It looks angled in line with the contour of the opening but I suppose it could be snapped off.

Any opinions please? or is this perfectly acceptable and I was just unaware..

post-20140-139525919468_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Either version is fine. I cut my at 45 degree angles back in 2010, and others did it way before then. Some mix it up. Some do all rounded. It's a personal preference.

Edit: rereading your question I better understand what you're talking about, and I would say in the cases where it makes sense, you should cut the strips at such an angle. It depends on how you trim your parts to fit basically. I did that to the back of my thighs. It's a common spot to do so, as can be seen here:

gallery_12157_11_139412.jpg

Edited by Locitus

The people at the prop department in 1976/77 were not that carefull when putting the armor together as we are today.

You will find many configurations on how the armor was assembled and the coverstrips were cut.

I would say in my juvenility that this will not keep you from approval/EIB/Centurion, but will be recognized as a nice eye for detail :duim:

Do your thing :salute:

some even take the little corners at a 45... but I always taper my strips to fit the part I've covered...

biceps, elbows... even some do little angles on the front top of the thighs and fronts of the shins.