Armor suggestion for a female trooper

Hello everyone,

We're looking for an armor for a skinny female trooper candidate who is 5'6" and weighs 110 pounds. I've been researching almost every make, from what I understand RS is the most suitable in terms of size?

Also, price is an important issue, and eventhough I know everyone's opinion about SDS, they provided the best price so far (and the price is for an assembled armor). The kits with the lowest price tag are almost the same price with their assembled version, and they also include the undersuit. No wait times as well.

Sorry - I don't want to be misunderstood, I'm no way promoting them, but this is what I've seen so far. I wish even the kits  had a much better price tag. 

Anyway, what would you say about armor sizes?

Edited by sl-3983

sometimes you need to look past cost for the best option. With these dimensions, I would think AP or TM would be your best bet. either way, you may need insert foam padding into your undersuit to fill out the parts.  

ATA also sounds like a good option, beeing the cheapest armor available, but with a 6+ months wait list. Forget SDS. The assembled version is crap, although it sounds tempting. If you want to join the 501st, reach EIB or Cent here and FISD and troop, I would recommend you to leave SDS behind and listen to the good advice on these boards.

I've seen AP fit a person who is 5'4 with little to no trimming, If you want RS it will need trimming off of many parts for someone of her build. SDS will not build it to her size you'll get a very loose fitting armor from SDS and you'll have to basically rebuild the whole armor so that's not worth it at all.

If you choose the fully built option, that is true. But you said in your first post, that price is an issue? The Mercedes of trooper armor fully built could cost you a little more than an ATA, MTK or T/MC. But RS would be a great choice after all :-)

Well I didn't know that ONLY the fully assembled would come in custom size :)

All armour starts out the same size. When you buy ready to wear you're only paying someone else to do what you would do yourself when it comes to sizing it for your self with a kit.

I am  5'2'' / 120lbs and purchased AP armor. It was the best option to accommodate my size.

RS was completely out of the question for me. I sent them an inquiry stating my size, and they simply replied that their armor could not fit me, trimmed or untrimmed.

Avoid letting price be your ultimate deciding factor, and go with a vetted seller whose armor is going to fit your needs.

Best of luck!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25919-dianas-rs-props-build-anh-stunt/

You may want to review the above mentioned build thread... 

Some of your answers may be contained for you there.

Best of luck!!  :smiley-sw013: