Helmet padding help

Can someone give me some advice on what kind of padding to use inside my bucket? I know I saw a thread that mentioned something on Amazon, began with an M I think.... Any advice would be appreciated

I just used standard yellow foam, a round piece in the middle of the top and two small rectangle blocks, one on either side of my head to stop the bucket tilting. If you glue Velcro to the back of the foam, then in the lid you can take the pieces out for washing ;)

I use knee pad inserts.

---------

Cut them up and glue them in place.  Work great.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2824/9246387559_a8cca3fa41_c.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

--------

Arrange them with blue tape on the back then place the Velcro piece on the inside of the helmet once you have them set.

Rather easy and comfortable as well... :smiley-sw013:  

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Its all up to you. Some guys buy fancy padding. Some use the padding set available in the ongoing sales thread. I've seen a few guys use the inside of cheap batting helmets. Base you decision on the helmet size, head size, comfort and/or screen accuracy. Screen accuracy troopers just use yellow foam and the clover pattern you can find listed here. I just grabbed some cheap foam from Michael's with a 50% off coupon, and taped pieces in until it fit well. Then used velcro and glue. Gives me the option to wash or simply toss out the old pieces for new ones. With the ATA lid, I had to use 1/2 inch on top and in the back, and 1 inch on the sides and forehead area. Nothing fancy.

4wvTTRh.jpg

Hi Steve, I think that knee padding or MICH/ACH helmet padding are the best solutions if you don't care about movie accuracy of the internals.

You'll find them on Amazon/Ebay.

I'm going to evaluate both for my bucket.

On 3/17/2014 at 9:36 AM, kylebeagle said:

--------

Arrange them with blue tape on the back then place the Velcro piece on the inside of the helmet once you have them set.

Rather easy and comfortable as well... :smiley-sw013:  

I'm liking this pad solution.

Do you have any pics of the arrangement of these pads inside a helmet?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Just yesterday i did some work to my helmet. I used knee pads but found out that in some places its not very comfortable so i used pads on the sides and the back and the original foam that came with my rs bucket on the top. Very comfortable. Maybe i can post pictures later ..