Rezablad3's TM Luke Replica Suit

you can contact him on ctn, he's more active over there.. but ill pm you some details..

Pls do I like the look of his grappling hook vs the one I have.. Are you going to rivet it to your belt?

Pls do I like the look of his grappling hook vs the one I have.. Are you going to rivet it to your belt?

yes i will... i will try my best to replicate Luke's armor..

Cool.. My Hero is Hanesq and not 100% sure he uses the grappling hook/comm link set up so I wanted to use brackets on my grappling hook box to switch between a TD and the Grappling hook..

Han doesnt have a grappling hook..... Only luke's

I figured as much but still 90% of the public has no idea what hero/stunt is and the diff between Han and Luke.. I thought it would be something cool to add..

Han doesnt have a grappling hook..... Only luke's

I figured as much but still 90% of the public has no idea what hero/stunt is and the diff between Han and Luke.. I thought it would be something cool to add..

I've learnt A LOT about Luke's specifications reading your thread (i wasn't there when SW1 made his :closedeyes:) so thank you, i much appreciate that you've shared your work about it  :duim:

The only thing i find a bit off compared to Luke's armor are the tube stripes. The front stripes (near the vocoder) don't bend really like on Luke's helmet, especially on the right cheek.

Thanks again for the kind words guys..... All is possible because of the great people here on FISD..

I've learnt A LOT about Luke's specifications reading your thread (i wasn't there when SW1 made his :closedeyes:) so thank you, i much appreciate that you've shared your work about it :duim:

The only thing i find a bit off compared to Luke's armor are the tube stripes. The front stripes (near the vocoder) don't bend really like on Luke's helmet, especially on the right cheek.

Damn Germain...... You have crazy keen eyes...the reason that tube stripe looks different, is because i put it on the wrong side. I waiting for some new stencils so i shall fix that soon.

As you can see on Luke's helmet, it has the same number of stripes....but distance between them are different, the tube stripes on left cheek (as we wear the helmet) is suppose to be shorter than the right side, as where you can see mine is longer on the left....but that is also the effect of the ear positioning.

Edited by Rezablad3

Yes i saw that the ear positioning is different, but as each helmet is unique it's always very difficult to recreate a perfect match with a screen-used helmet ;). BTW your lids collection on the background of some pics is awesome!

That's very true mate...... I dont think my skills are up that high yet to replicate a helmet that is so unique and so iconic..

Yeah...i have a thing for helmets...lol

• 4 months later...

So it seems that I've neglected this thread for way too long. Its time for an update. The Luke suit is done, and I'm ready to show it to you guys. I've acquired all the necessary parts to make the replica including grappling hook box with all the little greeblies, comlink, accurate painted boots, and Veedox's Hero neckseal. The only thing there is to complete it is Luke's E-11 blaster....

So here it is, enjoy...... let me know what you guys think..

IMG_7720_zps348564ce.jpg

IMG_7713_zps00331819.jpg

IMG_7710_zpsb64dfad1.jpg

IMG_7718_zps63108976.jpg

IMG_7726_zpsf9c5d7a8.jpg

IMG_7741_zpsc0dd4429.jpg

IMG_7745_zpsdb4f0c23.jpg

IMG_7873_zps31f202dd.jpg

IMG_7870_zpsd3fec14c.jpg

IMG_7692_zpsc4fa1c30.jpg

And....... the head tilt pose...

IMG_7850_zps45e10546.jpg

HeadTilt_zps5f45aa10.jpg

Cheers......

TK 50105

Edited by Rezablad3
  • Like 1

Thanks for the awesome feedback guys.....

That's awesome! All these little details spotted on, it's so cool :)

However, i hate to bring it now but did you know about the thing below?

14821471588_ed5a3c671c_h.jpg

Yup, i mentioned this on the very first post. I am in the process of getting that extra left forearm and that blaster that i still need...

Luke also wears two left shoulder bells. And not to add confusion, the BW photo in the image above is not Luke or Luke's helmet ;)

Great job on the build. My only critique is that no flashing was left in the eye sockets, making the eyes look big. I like the fact that you trimmed the top of the left thigh just like Luke's. Overall the suit looks awesome. Well done :duim:

Edited by troopermaster

And not to add confusion, the BW photo in the image above is not Luke or Luke's helmet ;)

Indeed, i just added it for comparison. I should have mentioned it.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Luke also wears two left shoulder bells. And not to add confusion, the BW photo in the image above is not Luke or Luke's helmet ;)

Great job on the build. My only critique is that no flashing was left in the eye sockets, making the eyes look big. I like the fact that you trimmed the top of the left thigh just like Luke's. Overall the suit looks awesome. Well done :duim:

Wow.... thanks Paul, that means a lot coming from the master himself. Looks like i will still be needing a few more parts to complete this replica. You do learn something new here everyday...

Looks great! Are you planning on light, screen-accurate weathering?

Btw: i always thought there is no right and left shoulder bell. I know they are different but from what i saw by watching anh frame to frame i thought they did not care about left and right. So... How can you tell?