Superkav's ANH TK build (RS)

Here is a quick layout of the majority of parts, as you can see I've trimmed up the biceps and forearms. Will get started on the arms properly today. Very exciting stuff,

post-20140-139472420247_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Superkav

Forearms sized and taped ready for outer strips.

pyhujunu.jpge9ebaraz.jpgtegyne2u.jpgreveha5a.jpgeqeseve2.jpg6unemume.jpgmava4ade.jpgena7y2un.jpgysa5etev.jpg

Considering they're on bare skin and not connected to the bicep I think they sit ok. Feedback welcome please

Edited by Superkav

Trimmed and taped ready for yet another final fit. Then time to add the cover strips and get gluing before thinking about the Sniper plate. I really hate that thing. It's so wide it's almost as though it was modelled to fit the thigh ridge!!!!! Then I'll be ready for rough strapping :)

dasazepa.jpgbudesu4a.jpgmubetyme.jpg

Edited by Superkav

My build has slowed down a bit due to space issues so I've been working on the small stuff. I saw in the photo section that the drop boxes on the RS suit have a horizontal strip of elastic that wraps around vertical elastic on the back of the inner box. I figured if it was glued to the inside of the inner box it would make for a working drop box so I gave it a try.

a4ujavug.jpgumaquguv.jpg9a3a5y9u.jpg

The elastic is nice and tight and even if I didn't keep a credit card or similar inside I'm sure I could find a use for it. Of course, it could have been one of many reasons that the RS suit was made that way but I like to think that it held a few cigarettes and matches for a smoke between takes :)

Edited by Superkav

In fact it's no elastic, this is gaffers tape. Look at the white hue between the elastic and the tape, it's a lot different ;)

It has probably been used because the glue didn't hold up during the film. 

Also the vertical elastic strap is looped around the canvas belt, and then riveted to the inner drop boxes, making a double layer of elastic.

gallery_12157_59_95782.jpg img78410.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman