Full resin E-11 from DoopyDoo's with some modifications

T-Jay

Hi Chris, thanks for your comment and the 'likes' :duim:

Don't know if you read it, but using that silver layer of paint has paid off at the end to get a more realistic look. Sometimes there are easy solutions...

Btw: my full respect for your scratch build, man! Before buying my resin kit I thought about a scratch build as well, but discarded the idea in fear to mess it all up. I didn't dare to do this...

Hi Chris, thanks for your comment and the 'likes' :duim:

Don't know if you read it, but using that silver layer of paint has paid off at the end to get a more realistic look. Sometimes there are easy solutions...

Btw: my full respect for your scratch build, man! Before buying my resin kit I thought about a scratch build as well, but discarded the idea in fear to mess it all up. I didn't dare to do this...

Ok... my plan now is primer, silver paint, then hammered black, then sand off some of the hammered black and maybe use some Rub N' Buff, too.

I have found scratch build plans for all the parts that look really decent (especially the hengstler counter and scope), but the gun grip I haven't found besides the BBC.  The grip will probably be the last thing I build.

Chris

• 5 months later...

This is another unbelievable thread on a amazing blaster and a great resource for my own build.

There are many items here that have inspired me and given me great ideas.

Tino one quick question.

Can I ask why you decided to not use wires connecting to your power cylinders ? Was it just personal preference ?

(...)    Can I ask why you decided to not use wires connecting to your power cylinders ? Was it just personal preference ?

Hi Chris, thanks for your kind words and sorry for my late response.

During that build I heard, those wires had only been on promo blasters, but not on screen used blasters. Therefore I skipped these.

Edited by T-Jay

Hi Tino I'd not realised that.

I recall seeing wires on screenshots from some official Star Wars sources but assumed that they were from actual movie footage.

Well, in ANH there is a TK behind Leia (on the left) when she was speaking to Darth Vader. On his blaster you will see something that looks like wires, but this is definitely not these coiled wires. 

As these are not seen in more scenes, I didn't include it in my build.

• 6 months later...

Hi Lou, just re-read this build (was searching for a specific information) and found your comment:

(...)   Tino this build is AWESOME!! Totally Loving it! Would love to see what you could do with a DVH kit :)

Well, have a look here ... ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Good shout Dan...been trying to find this thread (still haven’t worked this forum out yet ) that’s my next hr or so checking Tino’s construction. Absolutely loving some of these builds...can’t wait to get started now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good shout Dan...been looking for Tino’s build thread! Just spent the last hour or so reading through it...I have no words! I’m totally dumbfounded at the level of detail and quality of work throughout...totally inspirational and educational...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words, Wayne. :) Always happy to help.

On 13/01/2018 at 4:39 PM, Waynocerous said:

(...)   been trying to find this thread    (...)

The link is in my signature but instead of that, I would suggest to click on the Lucky#Eleven. Okay, that is not a DoopyDoo's kit, but the build itself is far more accurate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey T-Jay, I would love to hear more on your "paper dabbed hammer paint" technique.  It looks incredibly realistic.  I tried to find the references you made to DarthChridan's and Felice's posts but I could only find DarthChridan's and all his images are gone.  I have tried a few different hammer paints that are available in Canada and I haven't been really impressed with any of them.

Thanks,

Mark

11 hours ago, Suspend said:

Hey T-Jay, I would love to hear more on your "paper dabbed hammer paint" technique.  It looks incredibly realistic.  I tried to find the references you made to DarthChridan's and Felice's posts but I could only find DarthChridan's and all his images are gone.  I have tried a few different hammer paints that are available in Canada and I haven't been really impressed with any of them.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark. When running this build, I had only heard of that technique, but had not seen it in person before. Christian (DarthChridan) had informed me about this trick and it later turned out to come from Felice. So I did not really exactly know, what to expect when doing this. :)

Regarding the hammered paint: You need to dab it while the paint is still wet. Don't wait, just spray and then slightly dab it. That will only work, if the layer is thick enough for the kitchen paper to leave some "imprints" on the surface. If you don't succeed with spray paint, maybe try a small can of the brush-paint (if available). This will surely result in a thicker coat (and maybe a longer drying time)...