Full resin E-11 from DoopyDoo's with some modifications

T-Jay

@ Tim (Dark CMF): So it seems like we both made an unexpected but positive experience with the paint chapter on our E-11s. Feared from the beginning but enjoyed at the end ;)

Will you also start a thread for your armor? Or did you already and I missed it? I thought about doing something like that for my TM suit... (not sure yet)

Regarding the next runs of E-11 builds: (like I earlier wrote in a comment) just imagine what could be achieved by picking up the best techniques, tricks and modifications from every thread and combining these!!!

@ Aaron (usaeatt2): Thank you for your offer to upload detail pictures. Of course you didn't know about my work on the front sight, so my last comment to you was just meant as a joke.

But it's good to know a source now for details from a real Sterling. This might also help many other people here. :duim:

@ Vern (TK Bondservnt 2392): To be honest, I picked up the white crayon mod from an other build thread a few months ago, so that I actually could not say, which thread it was.

But if you've been the first person doing it that way, thank you for sharing it here with others so this mod also found it's way into my build :)

Happy to see you like my front sight mod. :duim:

Edited by T-Jay

Tino, I actually started my armor thread on Tuesday, but failed to put it in the build thread section in my haste to share it. LoL

No update. Just a little story :)

Last weekend I visited a friend and we hadn't met for a looooong time. Beside his main job, he is a huntsman and a sport-rifleman (hope this was the correct wording) and also regularly participates at official sport shooting events all over Germany. He owns several pistols and rifles and seems to be pretty good in his hobby, as there are a lot of medals and some golden cups at his home.

Although he wasn't familiar with the Sterling Mk4 L2A3, he wanted to see my plastic E-11 and was fascinated by the appearance and honestly thought some components were real steel :D. After we talked a while about the 501st Legion, the stormtrooper and of course the E-11 blaster, he asked me to follow him. Downstairs in the basement was a huge massive steel door (280kg / 617 pound lbs). And behind it, we entered a different world. No, not the Star-Wars Universe. Only a small room of a few square metres, but with loads of guns, ammo, equipment, tools and special stuff!!! Damn, that was so cool. Some expensive equipment was placed in a wall-mounted gun rack with five slots for long rifles. After removing some hardware (which was not supposed to be on a photo) we placed the E-11 in the top slot and I took that funny picture:

14442052893_3cefafffd9_b.jpg

Looks like all weapons were used in some movies, he?  ;)  Especially the Heckler & Koch SL8 looks like coming straight from a science fiction movie set. It surprisingly seemed to have the same amount of plastic pieces than my E-11 :laugh1: but it felt extraordinary compared with others. Then we drove to the local firing range and had some (damn loud) fun, testing a few of his real guns... Wow, that was a nice experience.

Okay, now I will check Tim's armor build thread. Just got shocked to see it already reached 5 pages... ;) I am still working on the power cylinders but everything goes much slower than I thought. So don't expect any wonders when I post pictures (some day). It will just be the DoopyDoo's resin version...

Edited by T-Jay

• 4 weeks later...

Update #21      - first steps on the power cylinders

It took quite a while to get hands on one of Andy's metal power cylinders, but it was worth the waiting. I recorded all measurements to bring my resin version as close to the original as possible.

14675891472_a46dc4b3d8_b.jpg

14653197086_f180253c69_b.jpg

14676198105_090ac5644f_b.jpg

14676198045_661a9725e6_b.jpg

14489542649_77792dfc0d_b.jpg

14489542579_c29b8a02d2_b.jpg

14676197285_8ee0175c95_b.jpg

Next step will be the 3 central capacitors and the wires with resistors at the rear side. What do you think?

Edited by T-Jay

This is brilliant, I am inspired to build another Doopy E11

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@ Steve (gazmosis), Kyle (Zarlon), Andrew (Sly11) and Carl (Dougal): thank you for your comments. Very glad to see you guys like this mod :D.

Update #22     - power cylinders finally got completed:

14511480098_bb69344b1e_b.jpg

14511687297_08ee73505f_b.jpg

14511479358_e4b67e00cf_b.jpg

14697846572_ee48cddc76_b.jpg

14697846332_b757dd4b5a_b.jpg

14511445030_565a862abb_b.jpg

Alright, this result is of course not perfect. But I think it is okay for a DoopyDoo's resin version. Please feel free to leave any comments or critics.

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

This is absolutely applause worthy my friend!   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I find myself sitting here wishing you'd done this before I assembled mine.  LoL  I'd have incorporated a lot of this mod into my build in a heart beat.  Very nicely done!

Edited by Dark CMF

@ Tim (Dark CMF), Jonathan (aliens8us), Steve (gazmosis), Andrew (Sly11), Steve (Slangen) & Jonathan (Evilboy): wow, I'm really impressed by all your friendly and encouraging replies. It's been people like you and comments like these which pushed my build to this result. Thank you very much! :salute:

Update #23     - last minor corrections

As I already said to Aaron in entry #149, my front sight pin had to be reworked because of an incorrect shape:

14614416450_4a1e2bc859_b.jpg

14614463889_f8bab0518a_b.jpg

After checking some more of Aaron's very nice detail photos from his real Sterling, I found another inaccuracy:

14614465169_b690bb643c_b.jpg

14614415650_4000e60b17_b.jpg

Is that blaster now complete? Six months build time (with looong breaks), countless hours for the build and this online thread, 513 own pictures (out of 1.019), a lot of replies, 25 additional pictures and 1 video clip. Yes, it looks like it has finally been brought to 100%. So here are a few last full views of the end result:

14822870693_8bba064b09_b.jpg

14780038186_44755ded0b_b.jpg

14616309280_05c6864fe1_b.jpg

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 2

Absolutely awesome piece of work Tino, truly inspirational build. As Tim (Dark CMF) said, wish this was done before I built mine, cause it's a benchmark in what can be achieved in a resin kit E11. Well done

STELLAR!!!

I wouldn't believe this isn't a real Sterling had I not witnessed the evolution in this build thread.

Great build + clean pictures + unbelievable attention to detail + amazing talent = the reference standard for resin builds.

Truly an inspiration for my next build.

And thanks for all the kudos!

Nice work, Tino!!!  :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is really superb!

Perhaps you could look in a way to add the two metal pins coming from the hegstler connector?

And by the way, this magazine divot on the mag we were talking about some time ago, isn't that much inaccurate in the end  ;)

14821652610_b48037b581_b.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman