app_pic4.jpg

app_pic1.jpg

app_pic5.jpg

app_pic6.jpg

app_pic2.jpg

app_pic17.jpg

app_pic47.jpg
Edited by PreD

Looking good ! Good luck for your approval  :)

However, your elbow gaps are really big to me. You are tall so i think you should remove you biceps hooks and drop down your biceps, they don't need to be fitted inside the shoulder bells.

12340717315_7f1bfe0913_z.jpg

I would also add the strap between the biceps and forearms to bring the forearms up. It's better to have a wrist gap than an elbow gap.

12559680985_0be156d032_z.jpg12340866013_46ff84e059.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, I will make those changes.

Looking good ! Good luck for your approval  :)

However, your elbow gaps are really big to me. You are tall so i think you should remove you biceps hooks and drop down your biceps, they don't need to be fitted inside the shoulder bells.

12340717315_7f1bfe0913_z.jpg

I would also add the strap between the biceps and forearms to bring the forearms up. It's better to have a wrist gap than an elbow gap.

12559680985_0be156d032_z.jpg12340866013_46ff84e059.jpg

Edited by PreD

Germain and his arm straps again :D

Looks really good. TM must be a very customizable kit. Most guys over about 5'10 usually have a much larger gap at the knee - evident with the sniper plate.

Good luck!

Germain and his arm straps again :D

Looks really good. TM must be a very customizable kit. Most guys over about 5'10 usually have a much larger gap at the knee - evident with the sniper plate.

Good luck!

He has the TM extra tall shins.

Hey there, Wade! Troopermaster armor......MMMMMMMMmm droool. Great looking build and thank you for your EIB application! Let's look at your armor. BTW......sorry it took me a little longer than normal to get your application. :blush:

CRL Requirements:

All photos that are required are present. There is one point that I need you to change before I can approve you. You need to trim out that extra tooth on your helmet. Only Hero helmets have three teeth cut out. Stunt requires 4-5 removed. 

Other-Armor Fit and Assembly:

I know a few had mentioned about pitching your bicep hooks and letting them fall. I would raise up your forearms seeing as they are touching your hand guards. Perhaps installing some foam to keep them tight and in place or a strap that connects your bicep and forearm will keep them up as well. These suggestions are for comfort and overall look. It won't affect any outcomes.

The next thing that I want to touch on is a couple issues with your blaster. Although it won't affect your EIB outcome, I would like to see these changes done if you decide to apply for Centurion. First, your scope rail sits a little high. gallery_12157_11_264016.jpggallery_12157_11_467077.jpgMost scope rails are installed with just enough room so that the screws or nuts or whatever is holding the scope to the rail clears the gun's receiver body. We are talking about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch here. Another item is the attachment of the rail to your blaster. Although the rear connection by the rear sight is correct, the front should not duplicate that. It should be inserted into the top vent hole just behind the top T-track. Your blaster also lacks the charging handle that should be just behind and above the ejection port.gallery_12157_40_34430.jpgYour blaster has the necessary parts and rear "D" ring that passes for EIB. After further review, you may keep the mounting method you used to attach your scope rail. I would like to see its height taken down a little if possible. 

Centurion Suggestions:

When submitting your Centurion photos, I would make sure your back plate is positioned properly so that it does not overlap the kidney.  Please address the scope rail and charging handle issues on your blaster.

Get those extra teeth trimmed out on your helmet so I can pass your EIB approval and you can move on to Centurion!!! 

I think the CRL´s need a new update, I had the same problem with my 16 tubestripes Stipes on my "Moove Along Trooper" This CRL was changed because of screen accuracy! I Really Like the way you did your Helmet!

Greetings Alex

Isn't the aim of Centurion to build your kit to screen accurate levels?

532246_446774332053360_2022312221_n_zpsc

I'm assumng that image has been around since about 1977. Why are the CRL's like the way they are then? The above may not be normal, but Han with his two hand guards is not normal either and we allow that. Or is the above normal - 2 in the same screen shot the same.....

I don't know why the CRL's are written the way they are, but I find it so frustrating when I see staff insisting changes be made to screen accurate armour. That is why I always show original armour to conflict staffs' opinions. I know I am fighting a losing battle these day, but I hope some guys will stay true to the original armour no matter what the CRL's say.

I don't know why the CRL's are written the way they are, but I find it so frustrating when I see staff insisting changes be made to screen accurate armour. That is why I always show original armour to conflict staffs' opinions. I know I am fighting a losing battle these day, but I hope some guys will stay true to the original armour no matter what the CRL's say.

Where in the head topic of this thread did it say that this armor was emulating a specific trooper??????????  

To answer your question, Ian, I was no longer supporting the "hero" handplate issue since neither Han or Luke had a complete set. The CRL mentions nothing about that either.

Sounds like there's a whole topic of discussion to be had later (or has already been had in the past), perhaps not in Wade's private EIB thread though.

Either way - Armor does look awesome Wade. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!

It is clear that my above statement regarding three teeth on stunt troopers is incorrect. For that I apologize. I try my best to to be on top of things as much as I can but this one slipped by me. The topic of this specific helmet is being discussed. 

Isn't the aim of Centurion to build your kit to screen accurate levels?

Yes, and no.

It's meant to look like a generic, but screen accurate trooper. What that means is basically that we  take all troopers, and average out all their differences to create the ideal accurate trooper. Sounds horrible, but it works. Centurion has never focused on individual troopers. We have nenver allowed Mr No Stripes, despite being so prominent, for example.

I think the CRL´s need a new update, I had the same problem with my 16 tubestripes Stipes on my "Moove Along Trooper" This CRL was changed because of screen accuracy! I Really Like the way you did your Helmet!

Greetings Alex

I think the problem is that people aren't using the CRL's correctly. And your move along trooper belongs to MEPD, so personally I don't see how this is a discussion that belongs here. Besides, 16 tube stripes i perfectly OK in the TK CRL.

The tooth issue in this application is actually a basic-level requirement, and should have been fixed at GML level.

• Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. Eight total teeth on the frown are cut out.

I'm assumng that image has been around since about 1977. Why are the CRL's like the way they are then? The above may not be normal, but Han with his two hand guards is not normal either and we allow that. Or is the above normal - 2 in the same screen shot the same.....

Because the CRL looks at the average trooper, not specific ones. Otherwise they would be full of exceptions, and really really long and hard to read. Like a law book. Also, 98% of all TK applications are generic.

Yes, they might be screen accurate. And I'll be the first to say that that is a very very good thing. But as I explained earlier, none of the programs focus on individual troopers. MEPD swat does, but they will disapprove you if you have the details from one trooper, but mixed with those from another. Unfortunately there are too many TK's and too hard to keep track of them for us to do the same.

Maybe I can get the replica program off the ground, as a non-501st award with no CRL. Only screen reference is used to judge. That's something non legion members like you could receive as well. But for centurion, as it is a legion award, it has to be balanced between accuracy and troopability. (technically the award is a FISD innovation, but the third tier CRL, which centurion is heavily based on, is FISD designed, but owned by the 501st legion)

As I said, a losing battle......

Ah, but you are mistaken Paul. You are winning it. Every kit you sell, every post you make (I'll be watching you) :lol: is a small victory. Accuracy is on the rise. But it's important to remember the goals of the 501st programs, and not make them out to be something they aren't. We have no current award for true screen accuracy. But if the people demand it, we can create it. As I've been thinking about, and hinting at.

For those that didn't get the pun; youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs

Strangely, I find the opposite to be true: that the Legion's rules are pretty flexible based on make of armor, size of trooper, etc.  

There are some things that appear are non-negotiable; the most apparent reason being is that we want to look as uniform as possible when we are out in large groups.  That makes total sense to me, as a noob.  Some concessions are made because of the difficulty of moving around in this armor.  Other concessions are made for the various body shapes and the enthusiasts that want to troop.

I can certainly say that I felt a little more scrutinized than some other guys, because I am closely fit to the "profile" for a stormtrooper.  It makes sense (and was/is highly appreciated) that folks were so critical of my appearance, because my final product is something that is intended to look almost exactly like the movies.

But in Paul's case, I totally agree with Mathias, that every suit you make is one more closer to making it a "standard".  Very few others are making that distinction... as a direct result of the few folks actually creating the armor!

Anyway, total tangent, and I apologize for piling on!  The armor looks great to me, Wade, and I hope to see that EIB badge by your name shortly!

• 1 month later...