TM vs RS vs AP

PreD

I noticed in the pics of the various TDs, the AP has the clips further in than the other two. Was this a mistake, or done at an earlier time before the CRL? Just curious, because I have an AP kit, and noticed that the tube and associated parts are smaller than those of the other kits, or at least appear that way to me.

I noticed in the pics of the various TDs, the AP has the clips further in than the other two. Was this a mistake, or done at an earlier time before the CRL? Just curious, because I have an AP kit, and noticed that the tube and associated parts are smaller than those of the other kits, or at least appear that way to me.

Ā 

AP thermal Dets are slimmer than most other makers, but this will have no baring on an application. The thermal Det belt clip locations will if you intend to go to Centurion and for that little touch of accuracy. These should be mounted out wide and virtually if not touching the end caps of the Det. :)

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Thanks PreD (and Rich330) for sharing. These photos are extremely helpful for meĀ in helping to arrive at choices between armor. Currently considering AP, TM and now need extend my search to a few more.Ā 

Edited by Linus

• 1 month later...
Really great pictures! Was trying to figure out the size and color differences between these sets! (yes I know I am *really* late to this forum)

Thatā€™s the best part, itā€™ll always be here for everyone to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 7:04 AM, DarthVader87 said:

could you please clarify the names of the armors? since I dont get the TM RS AP acronyms and yes I think TM look the best... Im not very into "battle damage"

PM sent ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this thread was started years ago, but I am looking at getting RS armor and I have looked at a few peoples build threads and seen that some of them say the armor is thin, which I know is good because it means less weight, but I don't want to get something that feels "cheap". I have heard that some of it feels as if it could break in your hands, they were specifically talking about the bucket.Ā I would like a little weight to the armor. I had asked some questions in another thread and had been told RS is usually a bit on the thin side, but being totally new to this I don't fully understand how thin that is, especially compared to other makers.

My question is has the armor really changed at all? Does someone have some pics of the difference in thickness of the different armors? Buckets specifically?

Ā 

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Harbinger said:

RS is ā€˜thick enoughā€™ IMO. Some vendors (like ATA) go thicker but at loss of sharp details.

Ā 

(Anything is better than Anovos.)

Ā 

After 4+Ā years I still have a few Anovos armors that are in stellar conditionĀ ;):laugh1:Ā 

I pulled my Anovos Hero armor out of storage after 2 years and there isĀ some yellowing.Ā  I find this strange as I've only had it out and worn it (indoors) 3 times, otherwise it's sealed in a bin, so no sunlight.Ā 

WOW that's strange, my 8 year old ATA is showing no signs of yellow and I've trooped in 39 deg C outdoors a few times.

Ā 

I guess it comes down to the product itself, where it's from and what is it's ingredients, some plastic obviously do yellow but others don't seem to have problems with it.

Ā 

Very interesting about Anovos yellowing but I guess coming from China originally they could use anything in their plastic.

I think it is important to note that ABS indeed can have slight changes from batch to batch and manufacturer to manufacturer.

This is why we see difference in colourĀ  even from the same armour maker, when they buy a new batch of plastic, or need to source another supplier for what ever the reason may be.

I have seen an Anovos crack due to thinness on the members very first troop, but that doesn't mean every Anovos will crack in the same way.

Also some may troop outdoors more frequently than others and UV has an effect on all plastic, yep even the so called UV protected plastics can still discolour unevenly in areas, so there really are too many factors and possibilities to nail any one maker unless there was a solid consistency across more than one batch of plastic.

It is great to hear stories, both good and bad on how armour has stood the test of time and rigors of trooping.

Also great to see an old thread like this one resurrected.

• 2 years later...
On 3/7/2014 at 12:35 AM, PreD said:

Hi Troops,

Ā 

This has probably already been done before but I took some photos of the three prop makers side by side for comparison. Hope it helps anyone weighing up the choices on which to buy.

Ā 

jB8QwWs.jpg

Ā 

5LyRwzi.jpg

Ā 

ZiKDcei.jpg

Ā 

6QKjHnr.jpg

Ā 

S7kHxiR.jpg

Ā 

Hk5iEgC.jpg

Ā 

6tyjsV9.jpg

Ā 

HFJyoLb.jpg

Ā 

BfF7GRB.jpg

Ā 

kUz0qEx.jpg

Ā 

iUKRFAj.jpg

Ā 

PjdX6GD.jpg

Ā 

6avHNVP.jpg

Ā 

qMAHiwB.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

every AP tk kit comes with pre made weathering? I noticed rs and tm are squeaky clean but ap has some painted scars.

5 minutes ago, Imperial_juggernaut said:

every AP tk kit comes with pre made weathering? I noticed rs and tm are squeaky clean but ap has some painted scars.

Perhaps the purchaser asked for some weathering or weathered it themselves

Ā 

AP Sales thread images, looks pretty clean

yoIciGg.jpg

G0k81YM.jpg

wdrt7nR.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Imperial_juggernaut said:

The AP kit comes brilliantly clean and white. The photos show weathering likely from use.Ā 

• 7 months later...