TM vs RS vs AP

PreD

Hi Troops,

This has probably already been done before but I took some photos of the three prop makers side by side for comparison. Hope it helps anyone weighing up the choices on which to buy.

jB8QwWs.jpg

5LyRwzi.jpg

ZiKDcei.jpg

6QKjHnr.jpg

S7kHxiR.jpg

Hk5iEgC.jpg

6tyjsV9.jpg

HFJyoLb.jpg

BfF7GRB.jpg

kUz0qEx.jpg

iUKRFAj.jpg

PjdX6GD.jpg

6avHNVP.jpg

qMAHiwB.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020
  • Like 8

Really good comparisons. One thing though. On the forearm and biceps pic you have the left arm for the TM and AP but the right arm for the RS. As RS had no original left parts maybe do a comparison of all right arm parts. Great pic anyways.

Ben

Great ideas, will get on to it soon.

These pics are awesome, but do you have any of the chest and cod and ab plates? I'd like to see if those are closely sized too.

Really good comparisons. One thing though. On the forearm and biceps pic you have the left arm for the TM and AP but the right arm for the RS. As RS had no original left parts maybe do a comparison of all right arm parts. Great pic anyways.

Ben

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Here are a couple of photos I took recently after receiving my new RS armour. Feel free to add them to the original post, if you think they're useful. Don't concentrate too much on any perceived colour difference. The TM is three years old, has seen a lot of dirt and direct sunlight in the Canaries. The RS is brand new (not even trimmed in the photo). My gut feeling says that TM's ABS has a very slightly more pronounced ivory tint. But, if, like me, you mix and match parts, it's hard to tell which is which from the colour.

For the record, I own two sets of TM armour and two 3 TM helmets, one set of RS armour and 2 RS helmets. I did own a set of AP armour at one point. Briefly.

In all photos: Left: RS / Right: TM

TmVmrGc.jpg

DzKlNDZ.jpg

tvPaMTP.jpg

GiVODRB.jpg

z2aTOQ9.jpg

And this is what an almost finished (*) set of RS armour looks like with a TM 1 mm painted ABS ESB helmet and TM acrylic capped ESB handguards. The plastic belt parts are also from the 2012 TM kit.

(*belt needs to be changed for a proper "sandwich" construction, still need to adjust the shoulder straps and the chest-to-abdomen connection needs tightening)

• Like 3

I also dug out these old photos. The ESB helmet on the left is a TM which Paul built for me in 2010. The RS on the right was built by Rob sometime around 2011 I believe.
Paul will confirm but I think I'm right in saying that his stunt helmet moulds have been updated since the helmet in the photo was pulled. I've had a couple more helmets from him since and the last one seemed a little different. It may just be the way I put it together so don't quote me.

9InICJs.jpg

ATM2J78.jpg

bKMdQL1.jpg

34PnPpP.jpg

9ZWaMVT.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing - I can look at these all day :) Very subtle differences between the two, and it's great that people can love on the one that speaks to them. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I only own an unfinished Anovos kit, but I almost bought a RS two years ago. For the $380 I'm tickled. But that RS is still beautiful, but then again the price... I think all three have good qualities. This is a lot of fun though, actually working on it. Perhaps it will replace my Indy obsession which includes about four and a half complete variation Raiders sets

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...