XbdH93K.jpg

From the Detachment Leader
XOXO from the XO

From the PRO

Around the Detachment

​Just for Fun
Notable Troops

Hello everybody!

Last month was the time of the annual elections for the whole 501st Legion, including FISD. Although I found it unexpected, it turned out that I was elected the Detachment Leader of FISD for the forthcoming 12 months. For that I am grateful, and hope to carry the torch as well as my predecessors.

I have a few ideas I would like to implement during my time, most of which are still just ideas however, and will be announced at a more appropriate time. But one thing I have created already is the Replica Section. It is a dedicated area for discussing how the original Stormtrooper suits were made. It is not meant to influence the needs or wants of 501st troopers, and is purely for collecting that sort of information in an organized manner that has before now been spread out across the entire forum, and very difficult to find for those that are interested.

I also have made a few changes to this years staff. My predecessor Eric, aka Darth Aloha will act as my XO, while the previous XO, Ingrid aka LadyInWhite is taking a break from the heavy staff duties but I'm sure will not be able to stay away for long. Furthermore Sam, aka Kessel Run is taking on the full force of Public Relations and the Armourer Steve, SW1 gets some backup from his Garrison CO, Gary aka 89batman and Billy aka Billhag who is equally famous for his humour as his helpful infographics known to some as "Billygrams".

That is all from me this time.

With Unquestioned Loyalty,

Mathias Rodstedt, 

TK-2959 "Locitus"
Detachment Leader

XOXO from the XO

You thought you were rid of me. You were wrong. Mathias asked me to help out and I could not say no. I intend to enjoy the lower pressure position but still remain an active staffer and member of the community. 

Mathias and I have been bickering over some manner of instant messaging and chat for a few years. I consider him a close internet friend. With that friendship comes a surprising level of honesty. That openness and honesty has made us a formidable team be it gossiping on skype about Legion related drama, maintaining the forum's server and database, when the DL disappeared and he and I ran FISD "Lord of the Flies" style, to us as fellow staff members, or when he was my Deployment Officer. We often disagree but do so with an almost annoying level of respect for each other's opinion. FISD, please be afraid of the two sysadmin nerds who have been and continue rule the land. 

What is XOXO from the XO? This is my space to share forum content that I am interested in, or find funny. I will post links and photos to things I find myself hitting the "follow topic" button or realize that I keep going back to a thread for more. 

Starting with the first Concept Trooper build thread to get into the details of putting together one of KW's Ralph McQuarrie TK kits. TMacken's thread are what I find myself reading and following the most right now. The best part of FISD are the people who post build progress in detail for us to live vicariously through their build. Travis is posting his questions publicly and by doing so shows the Troopers Helping Troopers spirit. Stock up on your bondo and check it out if you are considering getting your RMQ TK built and approved. 

This seems like a lot of parts!

If it isn't obvious by now I am a build thread junkie. One of the most entertaining of late has been Diana's RS build. I almost decided not to mention her build because she already has a mention in this newsletter. Laughing in the face of epic trimming trauma Diana wins the "best attitude" award. The RS kit is not the easiest to build. To me it looks challenging. Maybe off the internet more than a few armor parts went flying across the room as she and her husband are toiling away. Here on FISD she is all smiles, humility, and hard work. My only wish is that she post larger photos of her progress. No matter what I have no doubt her Centurion will be an easy pass. 

Clamps are the new black.

The other thing I am paying close attention to is not FISD related. If you do not frequent the 501st forums you may not have noticed that the Legion Council is now a public forum. I do not know if the council members will feel as free as they had been when the forum was closed. Either way I am looking forward to peering behind the curtain to see how Legion sausage is made.

If you ever have any questions about anything Legion or FISD related my PM and email door is always open. 

With Unquestioned Loyalty and Aloha....

Eric Brager
TK-9674 "Darth Aloha"
Executive Officer

I again have the privilege of serving as your Public Relations Officer for this year, and would like to Welcome and thank Glen "gmrhodes" for taking on the roll of Assistant PRO. It's a team effort to produce a newsletter every month, and It couldn't be done without the suggestions and submissions from the staff and members of this community. We are always looking for content that is relevant to the veteran troops, as well as the new recruits looking to join our ranks, if you have something that you think would make a good addition to this newsletter, please let us know. Anything from a Tip, to a troop, to a special trooper, or even just something you think is fun may be considered, so don't be shy.

We currently Have 363 EIB troopers, lets see what we can do to push that up to 400 and beyond, our attachés and members are here to help, so ask questions.

Above all else Have fun, and remember our motto of "Troopers Helping Troopers".

Sam Kisselburg
TK-85254 "Kessel Run"
Public Relations Officer

Greetings to all, and happy Legion New Year! I'm still around batting my eyelashes at the brass, and I will continue helping out where needed given some new real-life demands on my time coming up (JOB!). This community means a lot to me and I can't let the boys get too cocky with their fancy titles and delusions of grandeur. Well, maybe some grandeur would be well deserved...

Current Tallies:

Centurion Awards: 110
Expert Infantry Awards: 363
  • Are we going to make it to 700 this year? It's time for everyone to step it up. If you know someone who is close but hasn't applied, help them out and encourage them to do so. Been procrastinating that honor yourself? Get it done, it's not too much extra work! We would love to see your name on the "honor roll" of 700 in December!

Fire Teams: 15
  • Troop often with the same people-in-white? Perhaps you should form a fire team!

Attachés: 2 new
  • BJ "bjsavage7" Savage, TK-5955, Florida Garrison Squad 7 (Florida)
  • Steve "southsidetrooper" Racine, TK-10651, Northern Darkness Garrison (Indiana)

Twitter Followers: 1356
Facebook Followers: 2362
Instagram Followers: 93
  • Here's a question for you - What would you like to see on the social media? I've opened a thread here to solicit your suggestions.

Keep up the good work, Troopers! 

Ingrid Moon
TK-6818 "LadyInWhite"
Imperial Propaganda Machine

We received a message from one of our newer recruits " AsBlondeAsLuke", who is close to finishing her armor. She was kind enough to share the following.:

I'm a new trooper just finishing up my TK build for the Golden Gate Garrison. Kyle, TK-91305, has been acting as my mentor. He's been terrific about sharing his time and insight and it has been a great help to me. I recently went on a trip to Asia and brought along one of Kyle's trading cards. The result was "Where in the world is TK-91305." 

It is hard traveling with your armor. However, it is very easy travel with a trading card in your pocket. Everywhere I went around Asia, I had this stormtrooper card with me. I ended up getting some very creative pictures.

Here are some pictures with captions.

Comlink broke. Need to find alternate means...
 With the comm system down, needed to find an alternate way to contact base for further orders. Trying to decipher the mysterious codes on this communications device known as the Japanese pay phone.

Nav system still malfunctioning. Have not achieved light speed as a result. 
Still trying to plot proper coordinates for route back to Coruscant. Will need to make major modifications on the craft's engines.

Went to a more colorful part of the city known as Manila.

Translator appears to be working properly. This text translated to: "Do not pee here." Apparently. this is an issue. Did not lean too closely up against sign.

I'm supposed to do what in that thing? 
TK is taken a little aback by the Asian style refresher units. (Think of a flushing bathtub.)

I want to thank Diana "AsBlondeAsLuke" for taking the time to submit this to us. There were a lot of great pictures, and I didn't have room to show them all, but maybe we can convince her to share the link. 
Do you have something you would like to be considered for the Newsletter? 
If so let us know.

Sam Kisselburg

TK-85254 "Kessel Run"
Public Relations Officer

We didn't have any troops in last month's newsletter, so this month I have chosen 3 great ones to showcase.

BOWL TO CURE DUCHENNE

The Star Garrison attended a Celebrity bowling event for Bowl to Cure Duchenne.

gallery_17995_43_12464.jpg

(photos courtesy of Megan Yenter TK-63426 www.facebook.com/vividdisaster)

CUB SCOUT PACK 105 BLUE AND GOLD DINNER

The Bloodfin Garrison and part of our own Fire Tean 500, took part in a Blue and Gold dinner for a special scout pack. This scout group are the only Scouts in America who donate all of the money they earn in popcorn sales each year to help disabled and needy soldiers. So far, the Scouts have contributed over $5000 in their "Half to Heroes" campaign, they've helped raise nearly $2000 to the Indiana National Guard Family Relief Fund and have shipped 75 care packages to troops overseas. In talking with the scout leader last night, we learned that these kids volunteered to donate everything on their own. Not because they had to, but because they wanted to.

LOS ANGELES MDA MUSCLE WALK

The Southern California Garrison, and some of our Endor Party Crashers fire team with 2 newly approved TKs, and many others who came from over 90 miles away to support this great charity event.

They also brought life-sized cut-out of a little boy who is terminally ill with a brain tumor. Their mission was to take a lot of photos with "Flat Owen" to help cheer him up. 

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
Now with "tip of the week" and other ongoing discussions. If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
To find out what the Emperor's dancers are up to at any given moment, follow FISD on Twitter!

Instagram: www.instagram.com/501stfisd

Sam Kisselburg
TK-85254 "Kessel Run"
Public Relations Officer

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff.

End Transmission.

gallery_14191_42_1235.png

I always enjoy reading the newsletter every month! Not only is it informative, but funny. My favorites are the troop showcases that show the children who are sick or ill and the excitement and awe that is brought to them. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HARD WORK !!!

Fantastic newsletter. Filled with plenty of energy and eyes wide open enthusiasm. Can't wait to see what the following months will bring.

Thank you all for your contribution!

Adam

Great newsletter again :) I do like reading these a lot. Just a question tho, why didn't any fellow troopers tell their TK/TD Brother/Sister with the Black pauldron, that their shins were on the wrong legs. We gotta have each others backs on these sort of things I reckon. Anyhow, much respect to you all. Carry on all the Awesome work :)

why didn't any fellow troopers tell their TK/TD Brother/Sister with the Black pauldron, that their shins were on the wrong legs. 

Yikes! Yeah, he could have also fell down if the sniper plate & thigh belt got stuck together.  :icon_eek:

• 2 weeks later...