St. Baldrick's Event

dtrippler

Posted this on the Legion boards and got no love, so thought I'd cross post here to my brothers/sisters in white.

Worldwide, 175,000 children are diagnosed with cancer each year. And in the U.S., more children die of childhood cancer than any other disease—more than AIDS, asthma, cystic fibrosis, congenital anomalies and diabetes combined. 

The St. Baldrick's Foundation is a volunteer-driven charity committed to funding the most promising research to find cures for childhood cancers and give survivors long and healthy lives. 

The St. Baldrick's Foundation funds more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the U.S. government. They coordinate signature head-shaving events and other fundraisers, giving thousands of volunteers worldwide a chance to raise money to support lifesaving childhood cancer research. St. Baldrick's events are the largest volunteer-driven fundraising opportunity benefitting pediatric cancer research. 

Here is where you can get involved! 
Members of the Wisconsin Garrison will be supporting/trooping a St. Baldrick’s event on March 16th in Fond du Lac, WI. A team has been created to help raise funds to donate to this great cause. A few troopers have also agreed to become a ‘Shavee’ and will be getting their head saved to show support of children with cancer. The team goal is only $1,000 and we believe that is reachable, but not without your help. Ideally we can go above and beyond that. Please click the following link and help us reach this goal. 

My personal goal is just $500. 

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/667847/2014

Team donation page.
http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/89209/2014

I would truly appreciate any donation you can make towards this great cause! Thanks!

Dan Trippler TK10705 
Wisconsin Garrison - Black Ice Squad

Since my post we've actually past our team goal!  BUT that doesn't me we should stop there.  Any and every little bit counts; you'd be surprised the amount that could be raised if everyone donated just $1.  So I'm asking you if you'd take a moment and help with this great cause.  Thanks guys!

Little nervous and freaked out about getting my head shaved, but I know this is a great reason to do it and for that I'm looking forward to it (and who doesn't want to see a Stormtrooper get his head shaved)!

-Dan

Hair grows back Dan. 

Imagine the smiles that you'll grow in doing it, and it won't matter for even the most fleeting of moments.

Great cause, great job!!!  :jc_doublethumbup: