Chris' ATA Build - ANH Stunt

Finally got my brown box! So far all I've done is take the stuff out, look it over, and wonder what I've gotten myself into.  :D

I guess first up I'll do a breakdown of what I have so far, and what I'm planning on getting. - UPDATED Again! (for a more current list)

In my hands now I have:

The main armor kit is ATA, with helmet.

I have boots from TKBoots

Gloves I got from Sonnenshein

Belt from TKittell

Torso strap kit from MrNoStripes

Inner drop boxes from kwdesigns

Neck seal and holster from Darman

Testors paints in gray, blue, white, and black

A box of white industrial strength velcro

Novus plastic polish

On order I have:

A body suit from Renaissance Dancewear

E-11 resin kit from Doopydoos (just mailed today)

A box of black industrial strength velcro

Some pads for the helmet

Case fans from Evilboy

In the works:

Getting parts to convert my E-11 with Sterling machine gun parts from Apex gun parts so it'll have a working stock and such.

I'm still undecided on soundsystem (looked at iComm and ROM/FX. Are there other options to consider?)

I don't have most of the other straps and such yet.

And so my post isn't totally boring, here's a pic of all the armor bits laid out:

post-19375-0-57994700-1393979504_thumb.jpgpost-19375-0-86061100-1393979505_thumb.jpg

I've started trimming the helmet and the arm plates. I'm getting to the point I'm going to have done almost everything I can on my own for now.

Chris

Edited by Metikla

Congrats, can't wait to see the progress, remember the old saying, measure twice, cut once, I'm sure you will be fine :D

• 2 months later...

So, I've not updated here, but I've already completed my outfit and have been approved. (Yay!)

armorfront.jpg

Now I'm beginning the push to EIB and eventually Centurion, so I'm working on the shims for the sides. Looks like I'm going to need about 3 inches each side. So far I've got this:

I've cut a piece of plastic and shaped it so the top would be flat and the bottom curves:

IMAG0536.jpgIMAG0537.jpg

This I've attached to the armor using a piece of For Rent sign as a butt joint on the inside. I plan on ABS pasting it when I'm sure it's good, but wanted to get opinions *before* I make it permanent. I've only drilled the rivet holes in the shim side for now. Unsure about the ab yet.

IMAG0538.jpgIMAG0542.jpg

Hey Chris! Congrats on your approval! I have an ATA as well. It's a great kit. I see you're working on the shims. Also, your thighs could stand to come up a bit. There's a little too much gap between your thighs and your cod. From the looks of your photo you seem to be a pretty big guy so I imagine the strips on the backs of your thighs are already pretty wide. also your forearms could stand to come up just a hair to cover the elbow gap. Overall your build looks great! And again, congratulations and welcome to the Legion!

Edited by Zixx