Proper Split Rivet Placement

TK 4813

Hello all, 

Whats the correct placement for the six split rivets between the ab and kidney plates? Meaning the measurements down from the top, how far away from the joint where the two plates butt up to one another, and how far apart do they need to be. 

Just want to do it right before I make a mistake. :)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My RS has the holes marked out so when I get back home I'll measure them and let you know. As they are taken from the original suits I'm sure they'll be pretty accurate.

In fact maybe I'll just pm you a pic too, for clarity. Nothing worse that trying to interpret, "10mm down from the higher front ridge when you're looking at it from the eastward return edge, crossways" :)

The marks may be from the original suit but unless you trim your parts just like the originals the marks will be off from their intended positions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The measurements from the top down on the ab piece are key here as the return edge is a fixed starting point. The rest is easy to work out from there as you just 'mirror' the spacing in the kidney plate.

Bear in mind this will only be 'identical' if you're measuring another RS ab but if you take my ab measurements and compare to yours then you can scale up or down accordingly.

7yzunase.thumb.jpg.08e4fde3bd92de07e241dbdbd124ae86.jpgazuzeva9.thumb.jpg.d59133719788d3926cdd8a8b2500925e.jpgsuhuqemu.thumb.jpg.1d09e0cf44c81fc7e3b0b3822716b6c0.jpg

The hole is 4mm, when the 8mm rivet is inserted there are exactly 10mm from the edge of the rivet to the side of the ab piece. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPadmabob using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

The 10mm measurement is supposed to be from the seam between the ab and kidney. I have always done that measurement from the rivet center. You have left a little more return edge on your ab, but not as much as I have seen on other RS builds. Yours looks ok.