TMacken McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper Build

Wow... That looks like so many extra parts in that kit.

Good luck with the build. Can't wait to see the progress on it!

Edited by Dark CMF

Wow... That looks like so many extra parts in that kit.

Good luck with the build. Can't wait to see the progress on it!

Yeah, it's a lot of parts,  I have to admit that I don't even know where all the parts go yet. 

I've only ever seen it assembled. Wow. 

What is that neck thing just below the face plate?

It's a separate piece for the neck area, so that you can actually get your head through. Fits over top of the main chest piece, and attaches to it. 

Edited by TMacken

Now that looks like fun. Keep those photos coming.

Will do, should be uploading more tonight, getting everything trimmed at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome Travis,

I plan to do a Concept trooper sometime too.  Probably not until mid to late summer.  After the Ewok  and threepio and Endor Leia and.. a snowtrooper...and ...and..

(Curses 501st what have you done to me!)

Update, all the pieces are trimmed, just need to hit them with some sand paper to get rid of the sharp edges. I will begin assembly tomorrow. Only part I'm not sure about assembling is the belt, and also have a few pieces that I don't know what they are actually for.  Here's some trimmed pics.

Belt parts

IMG_2737_zpse4a0a938.jpg

Calf

IMG_2736_zpsd646c444.jpg

Forearm

IMG_2735_zps762b04ea.jpg

Bicep

IMG_2734_zpsfaf62294.jpg

Not sure what this is. 

IMG_2733_zpsa79b0b45.jpg

Shoulders and cod piece.

IMG_2732_zps56dd4110.jpg

Kidney

IMG_2731_zpsf186fe55.jpg

Butt

IMG_2730_zps1886f252.jpg

Stomach

IMG_2729_zps7196f34d.jpg

Back

IMG_2728_zps1fd01075.jpg

Yoke, and a couple of pieces that I don't know where they go.

IMG_2727_zps6d461922.jpg

Chest

IMG_2726_zps13ecf306.jpg

Thigh

IMG_2725_zps240b2aa6.jpg

If you know where any of the questionable pieces go, I would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks for checking out my build thread, I hope to have some assembled piece pics tomorrow. 

Travis

Which pieces are you not sure on? I might know what it is when I see it. (Building my own kit)

Thanks thechosenhitman, I don't know what the ones on the left, and the ones on the right are, I figured out that the ones in the middle, go on the backpack.

IMG_2716_zpsab3f5f6c.jpg

Edited by TMacken

Thanks thechosenhitman, I don't know what the ones on the left, and the ones on the right are, I figured out that the ones in the middle, go on the backpack.

IMG_2716_zpsab3f5f6c.jpg

The ones on the left sit on the sides of the back/kidney & abs plate.

The ones are on the right go in the shins.

The ones on the left sit on the sides of the back/kidney & abs plate.

The ones are on the right go in the shins.

Thanks for clearing that up, I really appreciate it. Do you happen to have pictures of those pieces attached, I've been looking at Kevin's pictures, and don't see  those pieces on his armor at all. 

Yes I believe the trapezoid pieces are the gussets that connect the butt and cod section, and the shin pieces, if they are like the clones, they go in like a spoon after you slip the shins on.

Yes I believe the trapezoid pieces are the gussets that connect the butt and cod section, and the shin pieces, if they are like the clones, they go in like a spoon after you slip the shins on.

I'm pretty sure that the shins are clamshell, and just close in the back, similar to a TK. I am assuming that I need to cut off those pieces on the top and bottom, since I am pretty sure you can't wear the shins with those pieces still attached.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, here's the pictures of where those pieces go, in case anyone else is confused in the future. I believe the top and bottom pieces on the elongated shin part will be removed, so you couldn't see where it was attached once assembled. I don't think you would have the right mobility, if those pieces stayed, and it would probably look funny. 

IMG_2740_zps989fa45b.jpg

And the other piece is mostly covered by the armor, it goes in the back piece, with some velcro going in the indentation that's showing, so the chest and back piece are connected, pretty different than the TK I am used to. 

IMG_2739_zpsd5657d88.jpg

Thanks to the thechosenhitman for clearing that up for me, it will allow me to get a lot more done today, without fear I am screwing something up.