Question on trooping..

BRYZORD

So, we all know kids love to see the Stormtroopers walk around and give them high fives and everything. I also notice kids love to see them dance like at Disney during Star Wars Weekends.

So the question is, would it be acceptable to get an old boombox or speaker and dance to some music? March to the Imperial March and then dance to Michael Jacksons Thriller? :duim:

I know some songs would be Unacceptable due to language and what exactly they are singing about and some dance moves are unacceptable as well but what would be more cool then seeing a Stormtrooper dance to Thriller or Whos Bad? :smiley-sw013:

Edited by BRYZORD

I am more for staying in "character"...

I don't consider myself a purest.  However, it is a difficult and challenging balance to be both approachable and "in character" as a bad guy doing good.

Just don't want to have a clown nose on. Figuratively speaking... :smiley-sw013:

A guy in my Garrison who has an incredible R2D2 has the "Night at the Roxbury" theme programmed into him. We are trying to coordinate that for an upcoming con. "What is love?....baby don;t hurt me!"

There's a trooper who does just that - Hip Hop Trooper. look him up. However, he's non-canon and can't use that costume for 501st. (He has other 501st costumes).

For me, I prefer to be mostly in character, but as the "PR representative for the Empire" I am a friendly "in character" trooper. I have been known to get silly and have some fun, too. It very much depends on the event and the attitudes of those I'm trooping with. Never too wacky, though. It's not easy in armor.

Then there was that time I............... never mind. ;)

I am back and forth with this. Sometimes I do crazy stuff and other times I keep my gameface on. However most often I like to goof around. I know I didnt spend all that $$$ not to have fun. I see it 2 ways:

1: While we do this to raise money for charity, whats the point if we cant have fun too? We can always raise money out of costume right? So have fun in costume.

2: Dont take life too seriously, you will never get out alive (from Van Wilder, they are also words to live by. Think about it.)

In my garrison we tend to stay in character at events. There is some goofing around, but acting a fool makes everyone look bad.

In the end it's your personal decision and the desires of the event coordinator.

Sometimes goofing can be ok, particularly if the crowd appreciates it.  Too often I have seen goofing that seems oblivious to the crowd reaction.  You have to know your audience.  

Well say that you are at a hometown festival, ring toss booths, games, food, plenty of kids and adults, a festival thats been going on for many years and has never seen a Stormtrooper in real life.

What should be my course of action and since it would be a Solo-troop, how many friends would I need to come with me to help? I live in that town so its not that far of a walk to get to the festival lol

But I need 1 person to take photos and video *If that should be 2 separate people* and maybe someone to watch out for me and others, *AKA taking thermal Det. and or blaster, Etc.*

• 2 weeks later...