Neck seal, zip or Velcro

So, as an adult I'm used to using both zippers and Velcro :) but I wondered if there is a preference for clearance plus ease of use when trooping.

I'm leaning towards a zip as I can imagine putting it on would be easy but I'm aiming for Centurion clearance and don't want to buy 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I achieved Centurion with Velcro.  I have enough trouble donning a costume without additional challenges.  I have three kids, and zippers often lead to use heading out the door late in the morning :)

I have the same question.  I read sometimes velcro comes undone when removing the helmet (like during a break).  The zipper might be more difficult, but it's probably more secure.  Anybody experience this?  Seems like the older neckseals used zippers, but the newer ones use velcro.  And it's good to know you can achieve higher levels with a velcro neckseal - Thanks Todd!

I have Velcro, and from time to time it will get loose when I put my helmet on or take it off. If I remember to screw my helmet to the right when taking it off or putting it on, there is no problem.

I have both and prefer the zipper over the velcro...  Stays in place quite well and does not wear like velcro does over time.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21385-darmans-neck-seals/

:smiley-sw013:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...