Sign in to follow this  
TrainWreck

Hello from Denton Texas.

Hi all! I'm Brian from sunny, subtropical Denton Texas. I was born roughly 7 months after ANH came out so Star Wars has been part of existence for as long as I have understud I was alive. I have always wanted stormtrooper armor but it always seemed to be one of those things that was just out of reach from either lack of funds or expertise. Neither of those reasons have really changed but over the past year I have fallen back into Star Warsfandom hard (oddly enough just a few months before the announcement of Lucas Films by the Mouse). Add to that all of my kids desire to start doing cons I realized that this is something I want to pursue.

I first want to thank you all for the huge amount information you guys have provided on these forums. I've been haunting this site for a few days and you have provided the "key" for my decision to take the plunge.

I'm going to be slow with the process. I'm going to start saving money for an armor kit over the next year. In the mean time I'll probably start working on some of the props to go along with the armor (a blaster, boots, helmet, etc) to convince my self I can actually do this as well as starting to hit more of the Dallas cons so I can hopefully meet some of you from the Star Garrison and get a chance to talk to you face to face and get a close up look of what I'm in for. So if your ever accousted by a tall dark haired man with three anime and mine craft obbsed girls in tow that's probably me.

Thanks for readinng this meandering introduction and I hope to meet many of you soon!

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Greetings Brian, and welcome to the FISD!!!

Your journey will go quicker than you think it will, but you do have what I believe is the right approach - pick up parts and pieces along the way. I've been doing so for about eight months now, and I'm getting there. I've got a great collection of parts, but alas, no armor - yet! That should be coming within the next few months I hope.

I guess I'm just trying to reinforce that you've got a realistic expectation of the timeline required to meet your end goal, and as I said I believe that you're taking the right approach: Collect accessories and parts and when your armor arrives, you'll be good to go!!

Welcome Brian.  Your patience and research will pay off.  Don't be afraid to ask questions either.

Thanks all. If there is anything I've learned in the 36 rotations around the sun I've had it's instant gradification denotes addiction while slow and steady denotes passion. I'm probably over the next month going to start researching blaster builds and start from there and do the very basic and preliminary armor reaserch so I know how much cash on hand I'm going to need and a timeline for wait lists etc on what ever kit I finally decide on. Thanks again for the encouragement and you will probably see me sticking nose in to the balster threads over the next month.

Welcome to FISD! 

Be sure to make it to All-Con this year - a good portion of Star Garrison will be in attendance!  We have a large number of members in the North Texas Squad (Dallas area) so you'll be in good hands for your journey to 501st approval.

@boomshakra. All-con is in the works. My oldest daughter's boyfriend took her last year and has had her heart set on going all year so we have decided to make it a family event. I'll definitely make it a point to harass you guys when I see you. Thanks! I look forward to meeting all of you.

We'll be there!  And in the meantime, be sure to join Star Garrison's Imperial Recruit page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/296336407050926/

We'll be announcing when we do armor parties or smaller events, which will give you an opportunity to get a look at the armor up close, and help us out when we need an extra set of eyes. 

We are looking forward to having so many new TKs in Star Garrison!  Don't be afraid to ask questions here on FISD or to Star Garrison in the facebook group.  We're happy to help out!