Short Trooper. Trim Thighs.

Hey troopers,

My build is on it way to being complete, but recently I have been given some issues with my AP armor. My height is 5 ' 8 1/2. My thighs are really becoming a pain, as they almost run up into my and due to my short legs. When I bring my garter down to give that space in between the thighs and abs, the thighs rub so bad against my shins. Sounds like a a stormtrooper in a washing machine. What adjustments should I approach. Trim the thighs slightly or trim the shins, but hint...I have big shins cause I'm a soccer player.

Please give me your input. Much appreciated.

Thank you!

You have an opportunity to do some real custom work here. With the thigh tops tucked under the cod, you could actually trace the cod outline onto the thigh tops. Make your return edge bend along that line with a hobby iron.

I would trim off some on the top of the thigh and then make a new return edge and then trim off some on the bottom of the shin. That should give you more room to walk and probably climb stairs. When I help new members put together there kit I have them walk up and down my stairs once they can do both without getting armor bite then I know they can walk normally ad have the right amount of black showing in the knee area.

Thanks for the Feedback on them. I was thinking the same thing, with the trimming. Thighs are so big, literally my knees are inside the thighs, just impossible to bend is really annoying. Also, My ABS can be pulled up some, just have to redo strapping of the chest plate to ABS. :)

Here's how to trim it and do the return. Make sure to use reference photos for the shape.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12972-howto-make-a-return-edge-on-armor-using-a-heat-sealing-iron/

-----------

I would pull up the torso a bit too based on your height.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I would cut the bottom of the shins before cutting the thighs... most shorter people are actually the shin portion of the body.

after taking some length off the shins... then consider the thighs.

you don't want large gaps.

and you should rotate the thighs outwards on your leg.

photos really would help.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392
  • Like 1

Appreciate that Vern! Thanks for the help. Looking to take off 1/2 inch of the shins and see how it looks. As well as lift my abs more higher. I will update you with pics and my progress. Thanks Everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problems with my thighs. I trimmed some of the bottom of the shins, but it didn't solve my problem. I ended up trimming some of the top of the thighs and it fits a lot better.